GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Immature kids and their BOVs

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Im just big on aesthetic and my basement really benefits from the glow as well.
I'm sure your parents hate the added electric bill though!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Having BOV envy was real😁. I got into cars in the mid 90's. I had a Civic Si and every time I heard one of those DSM's blow off...I was like damn:oops:. My first turbo car was a Mk3 Golf that I had a 1.8T swapped in. I got one of those BOV kits that used a Greddy BOV. Man...it sounded cool...but made the car run like poo.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Maybe a bit is dark humor, but have any of you thought that maybe those street racers saved that poor husband from 18 years of child support and an angry ex wife. You always have to try to find the bright side of a bad situation.

And ffs, before you get offended, it's a joke. I've been happily married for 30 years.

Just saying, sometimes till death do us part has it's upsides.

If you want to be dark and look at the bright side that way, the family was paid $6.4 million in damages. It said it was divided among 8 members of the family, but I'd have to imagine the husband got the largest chunk. Bet their insurance wasn't happy to pay out $5.5 million. Would be shocked if they can even get car insurance after that.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
If you want to be dark and look at the bright side that way, the family was paid $6.4 million in damages. It said it was divided among 8 members of the family, but I'd have to imagine the husband got the largest chunk. Bet their insurance wasn't happy to pay out $5.5 million. Would be shocked if they can even get car insurance after that.
They’re gonna have to call the general

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I meet a lot of older people with my job. The one piece of advice I hear from the old married guys is never get married. I've heard it so much too. As soon as their wife walks away they have to let it out, "don't get married". Some guys have it pretty rough. One of our customers had to buy his wife a $20k ring to calm her down after the white interior they ordered for their boat wasn't white enough. Oh, she also made him put her name first on the title and you have to address it as "their boat" or "her boat" because it's her boat too. Well, it's all his money.

Exactly, there's a 50/50 shot those street racers are heros and society threw them in prison.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I meet a lot of older people with my job. The one piece of advice I hear from the old married guys is never get married. I've heard it so much too. As soon as their wife walks away they have to let it out, "don't get married". Some guys have it pretty rough. One of our customers had to buy his wife a $20k ring to calm her down after the white interior they ordered for their boat wasn't white enough. Oh, she also made him put her name first on the title and you have to address it as "their boat" or "her boat" because it's her boat too. Well, it's all his money.
Women are important for the environment

think about it

if women didn’t exist. We’d all have built motors with zero catalytic converters.

😂

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Maybe in your neck of the woods that's what it means but not here where I live. They're just trying to flex, thinking they are cool or tough.
Seems like you're assuming their intent... just like anyone could assume your signature is a flex

But regardless, why let it put a damper on your happiness?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Maybe in your neck of the woods that's what it means but not here where I live. They're just trying to flex, thinking they are cool or tough.

Seems like you're assuming their intent... just like anyone could assume your signature is a flex

But regardless, why let it put a damper on your happiness?
Tha 757 peeps

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Get off my lawn? Let the kids have some fun with their snap crackle and pop and pssshhhhhhhh...hahahaah. I have had the exact same thing happen...dude lives near me in a tuned CC (it's actually really cool) leaving the Kroger parking lot from the gas station...passes me loading my car....get the BOV going. Whatever floats your boat.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I've chilled out mostly just because when it comes to things like this I've begun to think of it like karma. You can only get away with it for so long until it comes back to bite you in the ass. I did enough stupid shit when I was younger that I feel like if I were to try and do it today a cop would just appear out of nowhere and get me.

I still mod my cars though, so people think I want to race. They drop gear and start going psh psh psh and I just smile and shake my head.
Sorry about that.

Sportbikemike

Go Kart Newbie
43 and I love the pops, bangs at the pshhhhhhh. Although there is a kid near me I've run into a few times that has a Focus ST and he's been behind me and it's dead stop to 20 and let off, dead stop to 20 and let off.
Maybe that gets the hotties at the local Walmart all juicy but I'm just thinking of his poor clutch and brakes.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
43 and I love the pops, bangs at the pshhhhhhh. Although there is a kid near me I've run into a few times that has a Focus ST and he's been behind me and it's dead stop to 20 and let off, dead stop to 20 and let off.
Maybe that gets the hotties at the local Walmart all juicy but I'm just thinking of his poor clutch and brakes.
Can confirm about the Walmart hotties. Last cars and coffee I went to some guy showed up in an over the top carbon everything, 3 piece wheels, air ride the works on a titanium edition focus. He hops out along with 3 girls and they followed him around the parking lot like puppies for about an hour.