GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Immature kids and their BOVs

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
No, sorry man. I've always gone to Waterfest in NJ and H2Oi when it used to be in Maryland, before they shut it down for good.
H2O.... turned into such a joke.... went once and never went back

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Anyone remember the kid in the s3 at h2o from like 14 years ago?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
H2O.... turned into such a joke.... went once and never went back

It was good at one point, in the beginning, but then turned to a shit show with idiots doing burnouts on the main strip in front of the boardwalk which is why the town got ride of it.

Anyone remember the kid in the s3 at h2o from like 14 years ago?

Can't say I remember that idiot. Was that a girl driving it?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
It was good at one point, in the beginning, but then turned to a shit show with idiots doing burnouts on the main strip in front of the boardwalk which is why the town got ride of it.

Can't say I remember that idiot. Was that a girl driving it?

From the video, it looks like methamphetamine was driving it.

SteveRedGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I gave up crap like that in third or fourth grade. Back then, we'd use sports trading card with close pins on the spokes to make "really cool sounds". Today it's junker Subarus and whatever that have the ridiculous BOVs. It would be comical to see the white smoke when they're being kewl.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I MISS MY JNCO'S!!!!!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Ok boomer.

I gave up crap like that in third or fourth grade. Back then, we'd use sports trading card with close pins on the spokes to make "really cool sounds". Today it's junker Subarus and whatever that have the ridiculous BOVs. It would be comical to see the white smoke when they're being kewl.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I had a stickered out 7.5 slowly pass on a busy street and he popped and banged 3 times at like 25mph. WaS hE cAlLinG mE oUt?!?!

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Had a BOV on my 2002 jetta but out of necessity because it was the bastard 2.0L 8v that I dumped a bunch of money into out of spite to piss off the 1.8T and VR6 guys. Even then at a you age I got the most discrete BOV and ran it at the tightest setting i could.

The ones with the loud BOVs don't really want none. The quieter ones are the ones to look out for.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Had a BOV on my 2002 jetta but out of necessity because it was the bastard 2.0L 8v that I dumped a bunch of money into out of spite to piss off the 1.8T and VR6 guys. Even then at a you age I got the most discrete BOV and ran it at the tightest setting i could.

The ones with the loud BOVs don't really want none. The quieter ones are the ones to look out for.
Subtlety is fun. My GTI is toned down -- quiet catback (which sounds nice when you get into it, but sounds stock around town/at low throttle), lowkey aesthetic changes to the lighting (euro R tails, Ed's R headlights), and most of the red has been covered with black vinyl. The only red left on the exterior is the brake calipers/carriers, and only because I don't want to paint them yet. I'll likely look for R calipers to swap at some point. While I get the heritage of the red accents and think that it looks fine, it just isn't the style I wanted to go for.

Twintercooler piping will also be black, and I'm hopeful that with a good catted downpipe the car will maintain the 'stock' sound for the most part. And of course, the DV spacer is only noisy when I ask it to be, so that's a nice benefit as well.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Subtlety is fun. My GTI is toned down -- quiet catback (which sounds nice when you get into it, but sounds stock around town/at low throttle), lowkey aesthetic changes to the lighting (euro R tails, Ed's R headlights), and most of the red has been covered with black vinyl. The only red left on the exterior is the brake calipers/carriers, and only because I don't want to paint them yet. I'll likely look for R calipers to swap at some point. While I get the heritage of the red accents and think that it looks fine, it just isn't the style I wanted to go for.

Twintercooler piping will also be black, and I'm hopeful that with a good catted downpipe the car will maintain the 'stock' sound for the most part. And of course, the DV spacer is only noisy when I ask it to be, so that's a nice benefit as well.

That's why it's so nice to strive for as much as of a sleeper as possible