GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Immature kids and their BOVs

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Hey, it can happen because that's just as childish. We don't live in Fast & Furious. Well, I'm sure some think they do.

Now I wonder how you feel about people dumping air out of their bags because (if they have the dump line routed outside of the car) it's a lot louder than a BOV.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Now I wonder how you feel about people dumping air out of their bags because (if they have the dump line routed outside of the car) it's a lot louder than a BOV.
no....that is just plain cool. I LOVED that sound when I aired out my MK4 GLI

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Subtlety is fun. My GTI is toned down -- quiet catback (which sounds nice when you get into it, but sounds stock around town/at low throttle), lowkey aesthetic changes to the lighting (euro R tails, Ed's R headlights), and most of the red has been covered with black vinyl. The only red left on the exterior is the brake calipers/carriers, and only because I don't want to paint them yet. I'll likely look for R calipers to swap at some point. While I get the heritage of the red accents and think that it looks fine, it just isn't the style I wanted to go for.

Twintercooler piping will also be black, and I'm hopeful that with a good catted downpipe the car will maintain the 'stock' sound for the most part. And of course, the DV spacer is only noisy when I ask it to be, so that's a nice benefit as well.

Yeeeeees! I totally appreciate these in the long run more than a loud obnoxious car. A loud obnoxious car is either fast (as it's trying to represent with all the sound), or slow and embarrassing when it has all that sound and doesn't move.

A quiet car that you can't catch up to? Balls.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Subtlety is fun. My GTI is toned down -- quiet catback (which sounds nice when you get into it, but sounds stock around town/at low throttle), lowkey aesthetic changes to the lighting (euro R tails, Ed's R headlights), and most of the red has been covered with black vinyl. The only red left on the exterior is the brake calipers/carriers, and only because I don't want to paint them yet. I'll likely look for R calipers to swap at some point. While I get the heritage of the red accents and think that it looks fine, it just isn't the style I wanted to go for.

Twintercooler piping will also be black, and I'm hopeful that with a good catted downpipe the car will maintain the 'stock' sound for the most part. And of course, the DV spacer is only noisy when I ask it to be, so that's a nice benefit as well.

We have a very different definition of "subtle" and "toned down" 😂 😂

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Have yet to come across that. Not sure if somebody would do that while driving.

I've seen it done, and have done it, at a red light before. The exact situation was another GTI was revving the piss out of his car next to mine, and at the time I didn't have an exhaust to rev back, so instead I just aired out.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
We have a very different definition of "subtle" and "toned down" 😂 😂

I'm genuinely curious, where do you think the discrepancy is? Maybe my opinion is skewed, my other vehicles are considerably more 'in your face' than my GTI (despite that the GTI is the fastest of them -- and there's not a whole lot making it faster than any other GTI).