GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm too lazy to read 50+ pages of diatribe. Please confirm I'm on the right path. 400hp/400tq daily driver MK7

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
Marauder; I have looked into tuning, I plan on working with EQT to start with a 91 octane tune. 91 is the best we get (oxygenated, so max E10) in the Denver area. I will eventually work on an E85 blend tune down the road; would really like something with a flex fuel sensor and tuning that can compensate if possible...what do you think?

I'm thinking of ditching the OEM 240mm 23 spline disc and going with the Sachs 240mm performance disc with the TTRS pressure plate. If TTRS PP plus regular 240mm clutch disc is good for 400-430lb/ft, I would guess the combination of TTRS PP and Sachs performance sprung disc should be an incremental bump in grip.

EQT is a good company, I haven't ran their tunes, but from what I've seen people enjoy their tunes. They are our biggest competitor in the cobb VW market, lol.

So your biggest hurdles is going to be your altitude and gas. The turbo is vary capable of over 400whp so it has the flow to account for your altitude. With 91 octane you'll be octane limited prior to reaching your turbo's flow limit. You'll really want to go with an Ethanol blend. As you're doing MPI and LPFP there's really no reason not to, if you don't plan to do ethanol then you may want to look into skipping those are you won't outflow your LPFP on 91 octane alone. You don't need an ethanol sensor though they are nice. Cobb does not support Flex Fuel at this time, so what you'll have to do is get 2 different tunes. One for 91 and one for your ethanol blend. You'll most likely be doing E30-E50, there isn't that much to be gained going past E50 on this size turbo. Then you'll switch map files when you change fuels(takes 2-5 min). You'll have to mix the fuel yourself. There are apps/charts online you can use to help you. It works out roughly 3-4 gallons of E85 and the rest 91 for around E30. It is good practice if you don't have a sensor to get an ethanol tester on amazon($12) to use it at the station every once in a while to make sure the stations ethanol is actually E85. In Colorado the stations will change the percentage based upon season. At some points going down to E50 due to the cold. If you have a tester you can account for this by simply pumping more in.

jaystonewee

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI 4dr S 6spd
You do realize that you're asking a Stratified employee on what he thinks of you working with EQT don't you?

Yes. Sorry I wasn't too specific, but I was mainly asking about the E85 side of things.

No, your clutch choice it’s still too weak for a hybrid car and will be your limiting factor. Should be fine if the tune is built around that clutch and they pretty much pull the timing below say 4500rpms though... just Won’t be taking advantage of the turbo and fueling you have in mind to it’s potential.

That's good to keep in mind. I guess having the clutch as a weak link isn't the worst situation. A wear item as a 'fuse' is better than running lean and melting a piston.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I've got some Vibrant exhaust parts coming, and am reading more into the RS3 fuel pump.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
What's the tweak needed for the MK7?

I just installed the A2B RS3 LPFP for my MK7 GTI yesterday and the only tweaking I had to do was to the wiring harness. Other than that, it was just connecting the fuel lines and dropping it in.

jaystonewee

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI 4dr S 6spd
Parts are slowly arriving. I went with the IE intercooler instead of Wagner. I also skipped the CS muffler for now.

TTRS PP and OEM Clutch here from DAP.
034 cast SS catted DP here.
Precision Raceworks 450 LPFP, fuel lines, and MPI plus 4 bar MAP stuff is here
Vibrant 17950 resonator and secondary Flowmaster 3" 200 cell cat (Colorado emissions precaution) are here. I'll V band all this together instead of slip joints (parts coming)
EQT Vortex and all the goodies (Cobb Accesport) in the mail.
New OEM MPI intake manifold in the mail from eBay DE.
Dieselgeek shifter bits received.
IE IC in the mail.

I'm looking around for a streetable engine/transmission mount setup. The SuperPro setup looks good but is NLA. Any VWR thoughts? How about dogbone upgrades? I have an older V2 ECS insert (20k miles on it) and it's an improvement but I'm not sure if it's up to FBO duty.

As initially mentioned, I'm not looking to break records, I'm looking to overbuild/understress the EQT setup and have a strong DD with room to grow.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Parts are slowly arriving. I went with the IE intercooler instead of Wagner. I also skipped the CS muffler for now.

TTRS PP and OEM Clutch here from DAP.
034 cast SS catted DP here.
Precision Raceworks 450 LPFP, fuel lines, and MPI plus 4 bar MAP stuff is here
Vibrant 17950 resonator and secondary Flowmaster 3" 200 cell cat (Colorado emissions precaution) are here. I'll V band all this together instead of slip joints (parts coming)
EQT Vortex and all the goodies (Cobb Accesport) in the mail.
New OEM MPI intake manifold in the mail from eBay DE.
Dieselgeek shifter bits received.
IE IC in the mail.

I'm looking around for a streetable engine/transmission mount setup. The SuperPro setup looks good but is NLA. Any VWR thoughts? How about dogbone upgrades? I have an older V2 ECS insert (20k miles on it) and it's an improvement but I'm not sure if it's up to FBO duty.

As initially mentioned, I'm not looking to break records, I'm looking to overbuild/understress the EQT setup and have a strong DD with room to grow.

The SuperPro mounts were the best but since they quit making them BFI seems to be the choice now.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Another vote for BFI stage 1 mounts. Minimal increase in NVH and the car feels more responsive during acceleration.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
FYI that particular clutch is very stiff even after break-in. If you don’t mind that it’s a good clutch.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Another vote for BFI stage 1 mounts. Minimal increase in NVH and the car feels more responsive during acceleration.

BFI for the win. Here’s a DIY & Review

You do realize that you're asking a Stratified employee on what he thinks of you working with EQT don't you?

I get countless people DM and emailing me asking about competitors stuff. It’s one thing here since I’m not a sponsor and offer my help, but people have absolutely no shame in seeking advice and troubleshooting other companies issues even after they’ve given them business instead of me (on my business page).