GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm on a Road Trip and Need Shop Recommendations in Several Cities

beanobeano

Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
I'm not exactly what dates I will be where, but I want to smart with planning work as it can take weeks to get an appointment. I need recommendations in these cities: Kansas City, Dallas, Denver, and Houston. Thanks.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Denver...Hardey's Motorwerks is my go to. Honest, reasonable $ wise and been in the Audi/VW game for many years. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/hardey’s-auto-werks-review.379346/
They are a bit south of Denver (Parker), so for a shop near the city I would point you to Bluewater and Salta. I have experience with all three and they are all great shops. Bluewater will be the most $ but they do more crazy VW/Audi builds than anyone in CO.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm not exactly what dates I will be where, but I want to smart with planning work as it can take weeks to get an appointment. I need recommendations in these cities: Kansas City, Dallas, Denver, and Houston. Thanks.
What kind of work will you need done? If it's an oil change, throw an oil extractor in the trunk.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
What will you be driving?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Are you just coming up on some maintenance intervals? Surely you could get the "big" stuff like haldex/dsg service done in a single visit with an oil change or whatever.
I had a good experience with Bluewater while on a big road trip, they're right next to a DIY bay rental spot too, which can bring costs down if you're comfortable with the easier stuff.

beanobeano

Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Thanks for your replies. I did need an oil change, new tires, and an alignment for my R. All of which I got done in Las Vegas. I had major work done before my trip began in Septemer.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks for your replies. I did need an oil change, new tires, and an alignment for my R. All of which I got done in Las Vegas. I had major work done before my trip began in Septemer.
Did you use one of the recommended shops?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
A day later got Engine light and another odd, transient code.

Think I'm just running this thing too hard towing in above 90 degrees F ambient heat.

...might be time for FMIC...upgrade...
Still looking for a tuner shop in PCOLA area or 50 mile radius....

or save it for back in SoCal
or make a run to Bluewater in Denver...

run at night or cooler parts of the day across the desert and swamps...towing.
if you're misfiring at 800rpm and 4% load the issue isn't running it hard...