GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm calling out the Hoonigan

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
You on summer tires.

Me on Blizzaks.

It's supposed to snow Tuesday night. Let's party.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Ooh this should be fun, stay safe out there on the ice.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I would lose so badly. I was doing 25mph trying to go up hills on the highway tonight, physically could not go faster. My front indy 500s are really thin...man it was bad.

Slid down a hill and into traffic (nearly got t-boned by a Tahoe, luckily he was able to swerve into the oncoming lane and not kill me)...was a good time.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I grew up in Maine but this is the first winter that I've had snow tires. I know all seasons work 95% of the time but I'll never go back.

I lucked into this set of blizzaks on Craigslist, a guy selling a really nice set of 225/45R18 for $250 on my way home from work. When I got to his place he recognized my plate and it turned out his wife has a black R and we'd swapped waves in the past.

On the way home today I basically idled in 1st for 20 miles. I propose that if snow is on the road, the left lane is dedicated to cars with snow tires. All seasons can have the others.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
damn, put on some winter tires

I've got to put my truck back together...rear end is still on my work bench. :eek:

I grew up in Maine but this is the first winter that I've had snow tires. I know all seasons work 95% of the time but I'll never go back.

I lucked into this set of blizzaks on Craigslist, a guy selling a really nice set of 225/45R18 for $250 on my way home from work. When I got to his place he recognized my plate and it turned out his wife has a black R and we'd swapped waves in the past.

On the way home today I basically idled in 1st for 20 miles. I propose that if snow is on the road, the left lane is dedicated to cars with snow tires. All seasons can have the others.

Blizzaks are amazing. Even all seasons work pretty well.

Indy 500s on unplowed roads? JFC. I didn't expect them to be good, but i didn't think they would be MUCH worse than my equally thin all seasons.

Only thing worse than this was when i got caught in the rain on slicks.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
PS4S are garbage under 30 degrees dry, I can't imagine trying to use them in snow. I waited too long as it was getting a replacement for them this year.

Say the word if you want a hand on the truck, love getting my hands dirty.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

I totally read that as swapped wives in the past.....

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I've got to put my truck back together...rear end is still on my work bench. :eek:

Blizzaks are amazing. Even all seasons work pretty well.

Indy 500s on unplowed roads? JFC. I didn't expect them to be good, but i didn't think they would be MUCH worse than my equally thin all seasons.

Only thing worse than this was when i got caught in the rain on slicks.

Summer tires turn to literal rocks in cold temps. Deathwish in snow/ice.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
PS4S are garbage under 30 degrees dry, I can't imagine trying to use them in snow. I waited too long as it was getting a replacement for them this year.

Say the word if you want a hand on the truck, love getting my hands dirty.

PS4S (as well as many summer tires) can also get damaged pretty badly driving in cold temps. The rubber is below its glass transition temperature and will crack/craze. Goodbye tires.