GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ignition buzz sound

wzulauf

Passed Driver's Ed
I did a search nothing specific to my issue.

Every once in a while more noticably when the air fan is turned on or left on from previous use (but it has done it with fan off) when I go to start my car I hear a buzz sound that lasts about 1-2 seconds. This doesnt happen all the time but enough that its becoming annnoying/concerning. Another note to add to this issue is sometimes my car will fire right up with maybe 2 cranks max sometimes its 4-5 but pretty rare even in cold weather. All this to me points to a starter issue or perhaps alternator. It's an 08 with 18k miles so kind of soon for a starter/alternator to be going bad but I'm no mechanic. Any insite would be helpful again this isn't all the time and the car experiences no other noticable issues. Another question if it is the alternator or starter are they covered under the manufactures warranty or are they "wear and tear".

Thanks, look forward to your replies!

wzulauf

Passed Driver's Ed
This noise isnt everytime though only randomly. If the noise is from the fuel pump wouldn't it be everytime? Not trying to say your wrong I would love it to not be a problem just hoping someone on here has this specific experience so I can know for sure :).