GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you were to upgrade your turbo...

Scala

Ready to race!
Honestly, I didn’t think the tunes were even going to be much different from the previous 220 hp versions... I was under the impression I’d was just a little tweak in the current tune.

With the IS38 and the APR tune the gains are 153 HP and 148 FT-LBS of torque.

Better figure out how you'll put that to the ground and stop believing internet posts.
This is where I'm at and even in warm Florida with well surfaced roads I've yet to come up with an answer.

Spend some time running numbers here

http://paws.kettering.edu/~amazzei/tire_calculator.html

and consider that:

the latest BMW M3, a RWD, has 8.27 lbs/hp and you are proposing a 7.77 lbs/hp FWD car. Compare the contact patch surface and loads of these two and you'll understand.

Last edited:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

Better figure out how you'll put that to the ground and stop believing internet posts.
This is where I'm at and even in warm Florida with well surfaced roads I've yet to come up with an answer.

and consider that your car is a 3000 lb FWD.

He was talking about the difference in tunes already out and his 2019. As to why the tunes for the 2019's aren't out yet.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion

and consider that your car is a 3000 lb FWD.

I think you misunderstood that particular part of my post. It was stated the current tunes for 2019s had not been released yet, I was saying that with the 2019s being just a 228 hp (8hp bump) that the factory tune was likely just a small tuning tweak.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I think you misunderstood that particular part of my post. It was stated the current tunes for 2019s had not been released yet, I was saying that with the 2019s being just a 228 hp (8hp bump) that the factory tune was likely just a small tuning tweak.

Ya PP gain 10hp lol like lets have the same car and every year tune it a little more aggresive so we can say we have 10 more hp, that will keep em coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Technically if you go back a few years I gained 18 :D

I love it. Its like well i upgraded from a mk1, I gained 60hp.... (i didnt have a mk1) but over 10-30 years, yes cars get faster. Also in the next 10 electric will be the new thing. Think about guys saying ya i got that 500kw battery what you got lol

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Hmm... I would probably go with a VTT turbo. They've told me that they are the best because reasons.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I love it. Its like well i upgraded from a mk1, I gained 60hp.... (i didnt have a mk1) but over 10-30 years, yes cars get faster. Also in the next 10 electric will be the new thing. Think about guys saying ya i got that 500kw battery what you got lol

Green power is stupid

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Your right, stupid fast. Due to chemical reactions and physical reactions, electric is faster than gas combustion. I like to hear the motor and smell the gas ect like any American, but you gotta admit, electric is faster by a land slide

Don’t be a treehugger