GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you were given $1million dollars in cash, what would you do?

Merkle

Banned
That makes me sick... a decent condo here is way over 200k.

Lol, yeah. $180,000 will buy a relatively new construction home.

1,600 sq. ft.
2-car enclosed garage.
1/4 acre lot.
3br/2bth

I've been looking at houses for $120k-$150k.

2-5 years old.
1-1.5 car enclosed garage
1,200 sq. ft.
3br/2bh
1/6 acre lot

There are a lot of homes here for sale that were built during the 03-07 boom that people are willing to sell cheap. Property taxes are also really low here in LA. Overall, the cost of living is pretty low. Car insurance rates are highest in the nation however. Interest rates hovering around 3% too helps with driving sales.

Check out some private listings
Www.fsbobr.com

Last edited:

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
I bought my house for 125k
Wide corner lot
2400sq ft
3 bed
2 bath
Full 2 car garage

I'm in the middle of nowhere, but it's a nice home. Couple decades old but the previous, original owners did a great job maintaining it.

MaliciousMK6

Go Kart Champion
All of you saying you'd buy a house... :laugh: The yearly prop taxes will make you go broke as well as the maintenance on it, unless you have a steady income.

That said 1mil ain't shit esp in my area...

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2425-Tasso-St-Palo-Alto-CA-94301/19501460_zpid/

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/34129-Calle-La-Primavera-Dana-Point-CA-92629/25592259_zpid/

This is the house right next to the one i grew up in. Ill never be able to live back there!:cry:

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
We are currently in a 850 sq ft 2nd floor condo, 2 br 2 bath, gas fireplace, tile countertops, etc...original sale price was about $425k, now about $180k.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
All of you saying you'd buy a house... :laugh: The yearly prop taxes will make you go broke as well as the maintenance on it, unless you have a steady income.

That said 1mil ain't shit esp in my area...

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2425-Tasso-St-Palo-Alto-CA-94301/19501460_zpid/

That's why I'd invest it smartly grow it into a sizable amount, and just get to a point where you can live off the dividends :D

Wow thats a tiny place! My apartment is 1500 sq ft, i guess it all depends where you are.

Holy christ, 1500 in an apartment?? I'm lucky to even get 1200.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Pay off both cars, house and student loans. Splurge with the balance. Without those monthly payments, my wife and i can surely live comfortably with our salary.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Boring, responsible shit.

*Pay everything so we're debt free.
*Nice chunk for kidz college savings.
*Take a KICK ASS two week vacation since we haven't been on one since, well, forever.
*Do buncha stuff around the house which probably includes a few frivolous things like a nice inground pool and backyard oasis.
*Save remaining $450.

Dom1

Ready to race!
x2

In toronto, a condo can go for way over half a mill.
And that's for 2 beds 2 bath :(

then again, real estate here is usually ridiculously high priced.
Mississauga is brutal too.. Paid $1.4M 5 years ago for 6500sq.ft including basement with a decent sized lot, but were offered $2M last year so I cant complain too much.. holding onto this place for atleast another 5 years to see where the market stands.

But if i was handed $1M Cash, Id just invest 900,000 in my business and 100,000 for a weekend toy such as an e92 supercharged m3 :thumbsup: