GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you have your windows tinted

pkvir

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you tint the little triangle of glass in front of the front doors? I got my windows tinted today and opted out of them trying to accomplish this.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Seen on some other "cough" "cough" forums people that have had every window done except the two tiny ones as it is virtually impossible to get in to do.

Mummbles

Car(s)
Na
mine got done properly.
professionals will just create the tools they need to do the job.
I find it strange that people are prepared to pay for an incomplete, and in my opinion unprofessional, job.

P_RsGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I got mine tinted last week and they did tint every window.. I wouldn't have accepted them not doing the two small ones..

pkvir

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess I suck believing that they couldn't tint the "small ones" There is one of us born every minute.

Dawson

Passed Driver's Ed
I had my GTI tinited but didn't get the front quarter windows done.
I didn't want them pulling apart paneling to get in to it.
The GTI has dark trims around the window so you don't see it as much as on other models.

pkvir

Passed Driver's Ed
The GTI has dark trims around the window so you don't see it as much as on other models.

Agree 100% Totally happy with my tint.

P_RsGTI

Passed Driver's Ed

I dont think that the guys who did my tint pulled anything. And they did it in about 2 hours and the tint job looks great. If its a professional shop they should be able to do it with no problems.

pkvir

Passed Driver's Ed
There are two ways to look at those little windows. You can look at them as an extension of the doors, or an extension of the windshield. Since the reason they are there (I read this in print) is to enhance your view, and you cannot notice that they are not tinted (unless you know exactly what your looking for), it makes sense NOT to tint them. With that being said, bless those who have them tinted, that works too.

Last edited:

P_RsGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you post a pic? I am curious to see how it looks with out them tinted.

Dawson

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry for the delay. Completely forgot I was going to take some photos. Please excuse the dirty car ;)

sent from my HTC ONE M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RM0482

would look a bit better tinted

I agree it would look more professional and natural if it were tinted. Though it doesn't make much difference on the GTI. If it were a hideously large window like the one on this Fiat 500L it would of course stand out a bit more

Attachments

• 41-2014-fiat-500l-review-1.jpg
    41-2014-fiat-500l-review-1.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 4,748