GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you have aftermarket wheels

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Public service announcement: make sure you have a lug wrench in the car that fits your aftermarket wheels!

I know this perfectly well. My wife’s car has the right wrench for her winter tires. My car does not. Waiting for road service now.

Watch for my for sale post for two good used winter wheels and tires.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
The good news is, the road service arrived in about 15 minutes and changed the tire in a snap. The service guy works from an app, showed up in a car with tools in the trunk. There's an app for everything!

The bad news is I destroyed my left front tire (but the wheel looks OK) and bent my left rear wheel (but the tire looks OK). Aftermarket wheels, no longer available. I have an extra tire (though it's a run-flat and the others aren't) and an extra Neuspeed wheel (also no longer available new, but I bought an extra!) so I'm heading out to the tire shop.

I'm putting the right lug wrench in the car before I leave.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Also make sure you carry at least 5 stock lug bolts for your spare wheel.
If you are running non-standard lugs of course...

Thanks for the good tip, I didn't even think of this.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Neither did I haha.
Not until I was 2 hrs into a 4 hour trip with, funny enough, 5 spare wheels (4 OEM 1 full size spare) in my Audi when I got a flat.
I had longer than stock lug bolts to fit the wheels I had on at the time and they would not thread all the way down when the stock wheel was put back on.
5 good spares and one flat tire and I still had to call a flatbed while in the middle of nowhere Florida lol.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Yeah, that's another thing that I put in my wife's car but I never bothered to put in mine. They're in there now.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
WTB cheap spare tire so I have the need to keep a wrench in my car.