GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you go IS20 from an IS12, you also need...

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Also if you are interested there is currently a low mileage good revision is20 for sale on the classifieds on vwvortex.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I actually scooped up one of those used turbos on vortex... guess I’ll be IS20 soon!

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Hurray!

Thrawn

Passed Driver's Ed
Have fun with the IS20 install! Mine was a doozy, but so worth it...

In regards to injectors, GTI or R? Any new info/data?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
They seem to work. I think most are using R injectors.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
yeah im reading all that I can on other people's mistakes/struggles as to hopefully avoid them...

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Yeah i'll take it one step at a time... not trying to do it in world record time!

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
To my knowledge Ironshade has the record.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Interesting reading about myblueGTI’s two turbo blow ups... anything I should be aware of when reinstalling the new turbo? Pre oiling anything? I’ll also try and check the wastegate prior to firing everything up... gotta get OBD11 back up and running

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
Reviving this thread. I replaced my plugs with stock ones about 1k ago and am about to install an IS20. Do I need to replace them again with RS7's?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Probably not. APR recommends changing the gap on your spark plugs to 0.024", so you might want to do that when doing the swap, but otherwise I would just replace the plugs with RS7 plugs the next time you need to replace them.

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
Perfect! I'll just keep everything stock for now and when I want to add a little bling i'll switch the plugs up.