GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If they missed the shipping pucks, then what else?

mindonmatter

Ready to race!
The shipping pucks were left in my struts. I just pulled the wheels, and noticed all the lug bolts were barely torqued on. Maybe 50ft lbs. No where near 88ft lbs.

Clearly, this leads me to believe there were other things missed that should have been checked.

Does anyone have an official checklist of items that should have been gone over before I took delivery? I want to know what else they missed.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I always check oil b4 leaving lot (also for the rare oil change)

tire psi (including spare)

w/o insulting torque wrench? 88 doesn't seem tight unless I use wrench...the old guttentite method was over-torquing them

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
Howdy, I don't know if there is an official list out there. But, I had a long list.

Things they missed:

Didn't sign the service manual.
Not having a toe hook.
Oil was too low.
Tire pressure was too high.

That's all I can remember. I did take my own extensive checklist with me, and really went over the vehicle. Especially look for scratches in the paint. Remember if you drive it off the lot with defects in the paint, then you have bought it.

Yes, spend some time creating your own list, and spend half an hour going over the car before you sign the paper.

Good luck

cb1111

Howdy, I don't know if there is an official list out there. But, I had a long list.

Things they missed:

Didn't sign the service manual.
Not having a toe hook.
Oil was too low.
Tire pressure was too high.

That's all I can remember. I did take my own extensive checklist with me, and really went over the vehicle. Especially look for scratches in the paint. Remember if you drive it off the lot with defects in the paint, then you have bought it.

Yes, spend some time creating your own list, and spend half an hour going over the car before you sign the paper.

Good luck
This was supposed to come with the car? :p

bertj

Ready to race!
When I collected my last new Golf I was amazed at how hard the ride was. At home I checked to see if the shipping pucks had been removed. They had been removed but the tyre pressures were set at 60psi instead of 35psi.
Phoned the dealer the next day and they explained that tyres were always over inflated at the factory to prevent flat spots in case cars were sitting a long time in a compound. Someone had forgotten to adjust the pressures at the dealer's - this got me wondering about what else had been missed in the pdi.

cb1111

When I collected my last new Golf I was amazed at how hard the ride was. At home I checked to see if the shipping pucks had been removed. They had been removed but the tyre pressures were set at 60psi instead of 35psi.
Phoned the dealer the next day and they explained that tyres were always over inflated at the factory to prevent flat spots in case cars were sitting a long time in a compound. Someone had forgotten to adjust the pressures at the dealer's - this got me wondering about what else had been missed in the pdi.

Adjusting tire (tyre) pressure is on the checklist. It is called a checklist because they are supposed to check it off when completed.

The tech is supposed to have the sheet with them and check off each item at the time it is done.

If all the checkmarks look the same then somebody just went down the list and checked everything off.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
After driving my 2019 GTI home from the dealer. I checked the following .
Front spring pucks, REMOVED. By dealer :).
Tire pressure between 25 and 29 PSI. I still need to check spare. :(
Wheel lug bolts, not to 89 FT. LB. all were loose now at 89 FT.LB.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

steveaustin

Ready to race!
The dealer I purchased from ended up leaving the oil cap on crooked. I threw check engine lights a few times in the first week and could not figure out what the hell was going on, then I noticed the cap was off kilter

Ha! Happened to me after dealer changed the oil. Such shoddy work!

My strut pucks were also left in on delivery...I almost returned the car the next day. (I had test driven another car). I was so depressed and angry until I found the issue in the forums and jacked up the car and removed them. I only drove with them in for one day as my neck and back were hurting...I was hoping there was something wrong and glad there was.

Last edited: