GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE v2 Intercooler with CSF radiator fitment

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
Can anyone direct me to info showing the difference between IE v1 and IE V2 intercoolers? Is this upgrade worth the effort?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Definitely not.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
I didn't need to dremel my radiator/IC plastic shroud when installing v2 (supposedly it's a requirement for v1; probably some improvements to mounting/fitment).

neogeo

Go Kart Newbie
I didn't need to dremel my radiator/IC plastic shroud when installing v2 (supposedly it's a requirement for v1; probably some improvements to mounting/fitment).
Okay, I thought there may be performance improvements. When I was purchasing I saw that unitronic had better performance than IE, but The IE part was available at the time, and the unitronic one was not.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
There are performance increases but it's not worth another $~300 + tearing apart your cooling stack again. And even if you were to do that the APR unit would be a better purchase.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Can anyone direct me to info showing the difference between IE v1 and IE V2 intercoolers? Is this upgrade worth the effort?

I suggest you include asking 1) why and 2) can you explain your reasoning, unless you are just looking for opinions.