GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE, Unitronic, or COBB tune?

max_power

Go Kart Newbie
I haven't heard of SneekyTuned, would you be able to give me more info on them? Or direct me to a thread that explains their tunes?

https://sneekytuned.com/

Most people are going to tell you to go EQT as the Cobb tuner of choice which would honestly be a great suggestion. The power level you're after on a factory IS20 requires ethanol and even then is up there on the ragged edge of what that turbo can do.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
https://sneekytuned.com/

Most people are going to tell you to go EQT as the Cobb tuner of choice which would honestly be a great suggestion. The power level you're after on a factory IS20 requires ethanol and even then is up there on the ragged edge of what that turbo can do.
Eventually I'm going to be putting a Garrett PowerMax GT2260S Turbo in it to make hopefully around 430 whp with a custom tune and upgraded fuel system and supporting mods but this (the tune with the is20) is me dipping my toes in the water.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
if you're smart unlike me you could wait until EQT does the boost weather sale and order all of this stuff at once.
When do they do the sale usually??

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Intercooler before you do anything else.

I went IE originally against my better judgement and am now switching to Cobb w/ SneekyTuned.

There wasn't anything that I hated about IE, but like always I ended up wanting more.
i have heard both sides to this. if I'm going with a Cobb EQT stage 2 tune do I have to start with the intercooler? i have heard both yes and no. Many people say that the intercooler is a priority if you go is38 but not if you stick with a regular is20 stage 2 from like EQT or Sneaky. Im trying to figure out what to believe because $ doesn't grow on trees (at least for me it doesn't) and having to decide which one to fork up the $ for is tough. I want the power of the tune but I don't want to damage the engine... both items I've estimated are about 100-1400 each (tune or intercooler) and I'm looking at the Integrated engineering intercooler+ charge pipe setup.