GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE, Unitronic, or COBB tune?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
I love my ARMs intercooler!
Any install notes to be aware of on the 7.5's? I've heard it's slightly different than on the Mk7's. Got my ARM FMIC sitting in the garage currently...Thanks!

Jogi

Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Hey guys, first post here. I am new to the auto tuning and modding scene and this is my first car I get to work on and I am super excited to learn and jump in. I went through the forums and wasn't able to find a good direct comparison / recommendation when it comes to figuring out which stage 2 tune to go with. Originally I wanted to get the APR stage 2 tune for 93 but since it's no longer available I've had to look elsewhere.

I have a dsg Mk7 with a CTS Turbo downpipe (with the cat), CTS Turbo inlet elbow, IE V2/3 Intake without the carbon cover, and I have an ECS dog one mount and insert. I am also waiting to pick up the CTS Turbo cat back and I'm also STILL waiting for my $1400 stimulus check (which will be for an intercooler).

I am hoping to hit the 340hp range and the 340ft-lbs of torque range with my is20 along with the (quite immature, yet cool in my book) "pops and bangs". I'm trying to figure out if anyone has experience with these 3 tunes and any advice with them. I will be pairing it with the high torque dsc tunes from those 3 companies as well. I live in an area where COBB protuning is hard to come by so I would have to use ots tunes.
I personally will be going with a Cobb accessport and using the ots tunes.

Pro - Main reason for using it is the fact I will be building my car in stages. Most likely with a stage 1 tune to start off with. With Cobb I am still able to go from stage 1 to 3 at my leisure coupled with a DSG tune and not have to spend 2 hours in a shop and pay $500 each time i go up a stage. Once I have completed the build I will go for a professional tune and I will sell the Cobb accessport recouping some of my cost and pay for the professional service.

Con - Ots tunes produce much less power.

Jargon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
When getting an EQT tune is there any reason not to select all the options? Except maybe only burbles in one mode incase they are annoying.

Why would anyone not choose Flat foot shifting, Launch control and adjustable traction control?

People that track their car. They may want to code ESC off permanently. DSG cars don't need flat foot shifting, and a lot of us don't launch their cars.