GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE TrueFlex for MK7 GTI | Easy ethanol -flashing now!

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
MQB owners, are you ready for easy ethanol!? IE TrueFlex unlocks the flexibility to run full E85 down to 91 octane gas and any mix in between while maximizing performance in real-time, without the need to reflash octanes!
With our simple flex-fuel harness and sensor upgrade, your gas content can now be sent to your ECU as the advanced IE TrueFlex tune calibration instantly adjusts ethanol percentage maximizing performance and safety. TrueFlex will be expanded to all 2.0T MQB applications as a free update for existing IE Tune owners and included with all new tune purchases at no extra cost (sensor kit sold separately, requires HPFP upgrade).

TrueFlex is currently available for 2015-2018 MK7 GTI & A3 2.0T W/IS38 Tune. Stage 1 & 2, Golf R/S3, and 2019+ model years are coming soon!

Instant Adaptability

IE's TrueFlex unlocks the flexibility to run full E85 down to 91 octane gas and any mix in between on a single tune without the need to reflash the ECU. IE's software engineers and calibrators have developed our own advanced TrueFlex calibration, allowing the ECU to safely adjust for ethanol content down to the exact percentage in real-time. This powerful programming brings the ease and confidence to fill up at the pump and make the most power available from your fuel choice without having to drain, verify blends, or reflash the ECU.

Performance First
Factory-equipped flex-fuel calibrations are designed to adjust for the cleanest emissions for different ethanol blends to get the highest MPG. This typically results in maximum timing for the lowest octane (91) across the entire range up to E85, leaving loads of untapped power on the table. IE TrueFlex is a complete performance adaptation that makes instant and continuous adjustments to performance maps such as boost and timing and releases the most available power for the fuel mix as it enters the cylinder. Although full E85 is completely safe to run, the highest power output is seen around the E60-E75 blend.

Reliable Ethanol
Not only does IE TrueFlex allow for amazing power potential, but it also offers the most safety from ethanol blends. The ability to truly meter and adjust for ethanol content allows the tune to instantly alter the ECU maps to keep the engine in the optimal range and protect from dangerous lean conditions. This offers amazing protection from pumps that may have lower than advertised ethanol content or if no ethanol is available. Fill up with the best quality fuel available to you, and let TrueFlex do the rest!

Requires IE TrueFlex Harness & Sensor Kit
The EA888 Gen 3 2.0T engine is not equipped with any type of Flex Fuel system from the factory and lacks the ability to sense fuel content. In order for IE's TrueFlex ECU tune to work, an IE TrueFlex Sensor Harness Kit is required. This easy to install harness kit installs a sensor capable of delivering instant fuel content data to the ECU calibration. Click here to get one!

Requires HPFP Upgrade
Ethanol offers higher power output but also requires more fuel delivery than regular pump gas. The stock High-Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) can not deliver enough fuel to support ethanol and must be upgraded. Upgrading the HPFP ensures there will be enough fuel supply for ethanol content to run reliably at all elevations and climate conditions safely.

Ready to get IE Tuned with TrueFlex? Get yours here: IE TrueFlex For MK7 GTI

Questions? Drop them below!

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
Really stoked to see another tuning platform offer true flex fuel.

Despite the hate IE gets, i've used their tunes and they are solid.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Lol... Wow, can't believe another vendor came out with Flex Fuel long before COBB when COBB has been working on this shit for ages.

I'm so irritated COBB still doesn't offer flex for our platform :\
Yeah but don’t worry, “they working on it” atleast now we can blame it on Covid delays I guess

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
so are people actually going to start using IE tunes now?

Honestly, I ran their Stage 2 for quite some time, then switched to Cobb and various vendors, even swapped back to IE once just to see the difference.

They're on par with any OTS setup out there IMO.

and honestly, this is making me consider going back for my IS38 once Flex is available for my MY

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Yeah but don’t worry, “they working on it” atleast now we can blame it on Covid delays I guess
Yeah, I know. They've been saying that for years. I have a better chance of owning real estate on Mars than seeing COBB come out with flex fuel for our platform.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Yeah, I know. They've been saying that for years. I have a better chance of owning real estate on Mars than seeing COBB come out with flex fuel for our platform.
I mean, they don't even have 2021's DSG tuned yet.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Does this mean you can put 91 or 93 in to the tank and it will adjust timing for properly? Does this adjust boost also? I'm interested.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Any idea what the power output would be running a high ethanol content with OEM IS20?, say E65-70 blend ? I saw your Stage 2 posted numbers, but Im already at that power level.
Stage 2 93 AKI / 98 RON327 HP399 FT-LBS

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
Any idea what the power output would be running a high ethanol content?, say E65-70 blend ? I saw your Stage 2 posted numbers, but Im already at that power level.
Stage 2 93 AKI / 98 RON327 HP399 FT-LBS

Keep in mind those are crank numbers

Add maybe 30HP to that give or take a couple.

Flex is only supported on the IS38 right now.