GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE TrueFlex For 15-18 GTI -All Stages Available NOW!

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
2015-2018 GTI is now fully supported on all stages (Stage 1, Stage 2, & IS38)!
Unlock the flexibility to run 91/93 octane all the way up to full E85 or anything in-between all from one tune. These performance-based flex-fuel tunes maximize and adjust power and torque instantly. Say hello to the easiest, fastest, and safest way to run ethanol for your
MQB 2.0T engine now: https://performancebyie.com/products/ie-ecu-tune-vw-audi-20t-tsi-gen3-is20

What is TrueFlex?
IE's software engineers and calibrators have developed our own advanced TrueFlex calibration, allowing the ECU to safely adjust for ethanol content down to the exact percentage in real-time. This powerful programming brings the ease and confidence to fill up at the pump and make the most power available from your fuel choice without having to drain, verify blends, or reflash the ECU. Simply fill up any mix of ethanol and pump gas (91/93 up to full E85) and go!

Is this flex-fuel?
Factory-equipped flex-fuel calibrations are designed to adjust for the cleanest emissions for different ethanol blends to get the highest MPG. This typically results in maximum timing for the lowest octane (91) across the entire range up to E85, leaving loads of untapped power on the table. IE TrueFlex is a complete performance adaptation that makes instant and continuous adjustments to performance maps such as boost and timing and releases the most available power for the fuel mix as it enters the cylinder.

What is required?
-TrueFlex Sensor Harness Kit: The EA888 Gen 3 2.0T engine is not equipped with any type of Flex Fuel system from the factory and lacks the ability to sense fuel content. In order for IE's TrueFlex ECU tune to work, an IE TrueFlex Sensor Harness Kit is required. This easy to install harness kit installs a sensor capable of delivering instant fuel content data to the IE ECU calibration. https://performancebyie.com/products/ie-trueflex-sensor-harness-for-mqb-engines

-DSG Tune: Due to the high-power output of IE TrueFlex ethanol tunes, the IE DSG TCU calibration is required to prevent the factory clutches from slipping under load. Additionally, the DSG calibration will deliver a higher RPM limit, faster shifts, optimized shift points, adjustable launch control, and a true performance-tuned transmission. Acceleration times will greatly improve giving you the most performance from your TrueFlex ethanol tune. Manual transmission vehicles require a clutch upgrade. https://performancebyie.com/products/ie-dsg-tune-vw-audi-mk7-8v-dq250

-HPFP Upgrade: Ethanol offers higher power output but also requires more fuel delivery than regular pump gas. The stock High-Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) can not deliver enough fuel to support ethanol and must be upgraded. Upgrading the HPFP ensures there will be enough fuel supply for ethanol content to run reliably at all elevations and climate conditions safely. IE HPFP Coming Soon!

Attachments

• TrueFlex Stage 1 & 2 15-18 GTI A3.jpg
    TrueFlex Stage 1 & 2 15-18 GTI A3.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 85

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
ooh, interesting! whats the lookahead for the R? Would the R need an upgrade HPFP as well if it's in the mix?

Great price for the GTI!

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
ooh, interesting! whats the lookahead for the R? Would the R need an upgrade HPFP as well if it's in the mix?

Great price for the GTI!
2015-2018 Golf R & S3 is currently in full development. 2019+ model years will start afterward. It will require all the same hardware, yes. (y)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Sweet, thanks! Seems like a great deal overall to make up to ~50whp more, and without the need for a custom tune and worrying about switching back and forth. i'd like to ditch my APR tune since i don't have the ability to swap it and and off

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Sweet, thanks! Seems like a great deal overall to make up to ~50whp more, and without the need for a custom tune and worrying about switching back and forth. i'd like to ditch my APR tune since i don't have the ability to swap it and and off
Absolutely! We do offer a switching discount if you have proof of purchase in your name. You can each out our support team for help with that here: performancebyie.com/pages/contact

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
If there was something to make me switch off cobb this would be it. Very interested to see how it turns out.

Waltari

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Not running the flex tune yet, but I recently switched from Stage 1 APR to Stage 1 IE ECU/TCU tunes after running APR for a number of years. While the IE Stage 1 dropped a little HP, I gained some torque and honestly, the power delivery from IE is much better. Torque steering is basically nonexistent with the IE tune in my experience compared to the way the APR tune hits like a hammer at WOT and causes it. I purchased the Stage 2 tune and planned on switching over once I get my DP/drone issue resolved, but seeing the Flextune #s, has got me thinking ;)

Reactions: krs

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
This is sweet and hopefully the 1.8 guys will get some love?

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
What about Stage 3+ and big turbos?

We are currently working on tune support for the Garret GT2260S Powermax turbos and yes, TrueFlex is planned for those. Anything larger is going to require lots of fueling upgrades to accomplish this and is currently not in the works. We are going to finish up all the files for Stage 1, Stage 2, IS38 upgrade, and GT2260S for 15-18 Golf R/S3 then move onto all the 2019+ GTI, GLI, R, S3, A3 2.0T stages before looking into the next larger turbo support. Big project this is.

This is pretty rad. Looking forward to 2019+ to decide if I want to switch to this tuning platform.

2019+ typically makes a bit more power, I'm also eager to see the performance reports for them. They are starting after15-28 Golf R / S3 Stage 1 and Stage 2 support releases (soon).

If there was something to make me switch off cobb this would be it. Very interested to see how it turns out.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Not running the flex tune yet, but I recently switched from Stage 1 APR to Stage 1 IE ECU/TCU tunes after running APR for a number of years. While the IE Stage 1 dropped a little HP, I gained some torque and honestly, the power delivery from IE is much better. Torque steering is basically nonexistent with the IE tune in my experience compared to the way the APR tune hits like a hammer at WOT and causes it. I purchased the Stage 2 tune and planned on switching over once I get my DP/drone issue resolved, but seeing the Flextune #s, has got me thinking ;)

Awesome, thanks so much for leaving the review! I agree you would really enjoy the TrueFlex update.

Wow, this is pretty sweet. Great job.

Thanks, it was a massive development project and amazing work form our software development and calibration teams.

Will the tune work with any ethanol sensor kit?

Most kits on the market right now are designed to run a content gauge such as Fuel-It or P3. These existing kits are very similar harnesses and likely the same sensor, but lack the proper pin connections to connect to the ECU. Our harness is plug and play to connect to the factory ECU to send the ethanol data to our tune calibration.

Is this kit C.A.R.B legal?

No, as of right now we do not have any CARB approved tuning products. It is something we are aggressively working on (on many product lines), but CARB does not make it easy, fast, or cheap and it changes day to day. There is no ETA or even guarantee of any product until it's done.

This is sweet and hopefully the 1.8 guys will get some love?

We are excited to expand TrueFlex out to other VW/Audi engines/platforms in the future. It's a huge undertaking and we don't know what those engines/platforms are at this time. All hands are on deck working finishing all the 2.0T MQB calibrations right now and no further expansion is planned until that's done. I'd love to see the 1.8T MQB get TrueFlex love also, just know the stock fuel system is much less equipped than their 2.0T siblings and will require a lot more fueling investments before it's ready for TrueFlex support.