GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE stage 2 crackle tune not exactly as expected

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Hey it is not just young people doing the loud obnoxious exhaust! Saw a guy last weekend cruzing the outdoor mall nearby in a Mustang with crazy loud exhaust just reving the crap out of it, so everybody would look at him! I fully expected to see a teen to twenty something when he drove by...nope guy had to be pushing 40, or he was a meth head! I wanted to yell at him at tell him to get a pair, but he would not have heard me over the awful noise! As for the lawn mower comment, I wait until at least 8:30 am to mow! If you are in bed at 8:30...you are lazy and need to get up!

Last edited:

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I bought an r with a burble tune and just couldn’t live with it. Since the map was for 93, and it’s difficult to get anything higher than 91 in Denver, that was also a factor. If it was naturally occurring, that would be one thing, but to program in the pops and bangs is just asking for attention. I live in a quiet mtn neighborhood and loathe the noise pollution, so I bought a 91 map without burbles. Fairly happy with the car but it seems to be impossible to make the exhaust sound good. I wish I had valves and a stock exhaust (or maybe just stock muffler) so I could be a little more low profile. To each his/ her own, but this world is loud enough and quiet places are getting harder and harder to find.

Attachments

• 6ED7CBD6-4000-4719-9D0C-4C9AFEF353B4.jpeg
    6ED7CBD6-4000-4719-9D0C-4C9AFEF353B4.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 73

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Eurodyne has the crackle option but no official map for it. I’ve been messing with the settings but have not been able to get a “subtle” crackle. On low speed decel it burbles; on heavier acceleration/decel (freeway) its pretty loud. You can also make it work only in Sport mode (and leave Normal…. normal).
Yeah that's usually what I do. I have an eqt stage 2 tune with a catted dp. I run sport mode with burbles and normal... Normal. I run sport mode only on the highway or non residential roads. Any time I am anywhere near neighborhoods, apartments, or im in a parking lot I run the car in normal so it's not loud and obnoxious. Because what's the point of making your neighbors hate you? You have to exist with them lol.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
I bought an r with a burble tune and just couldn’t live with it. Since the map was for 93, and it’s difficult to get anything higher than 91 in Denver, that was also a factor. If it was naturally occurring, that would be one thing, but to program in the pops and bangs is just asking for attention. I live in a quiet mtn neighborhood and loathe the noise pollution, so I bought a 91 map without burbles. Fairly happy with the car but it seems to be impossible to make the exhaust sound good. I wish I had valves and a stock exhaust (or maybe just stock muffler) so I could be a little more low profile. To each his/ her own, but this world is loud enough and quiet places are getting harder and harder to find.
Nice views! I would be worried about forest fires all the time if I lived in a place like that!

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Nice views! I would be worried about forest fires all the time if I lived in a place like that!
Thanks yeah it’s a constant concern. We had a lot a moisture over the summer but we are weeks late with any decent snowfall. I could have kept the summer rubber on. As the saying goes, pray for snow!