GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE stage 2 crackle tune not exactly as expected

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I'd rather be the old man pissing off all the hipsters in the neighborhood.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I agree there's a proper time and place for everything... but (*puts hat on backwards*) I'd rather be a douche having fun with buddies than be an angry old man screaming at kids passing by.
People of all ages enjoy quiet around their homes.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I admit to apologizing to my neighbors in advance when I bought the Comet. it's kinda loud but at least it's a V8
Only a monster hears a V8 and gets upset.

Everyone hates these crackle tunes. Even the people who claim to love them. Those people secretly hate themselves so they actually try extra hard to get others to hate them as well.

Low self esteem is the #1 cause of someone seeking crackles from a 4 cylinder.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I'll never understand why these kids think this crackle tune bullshit is cool. Especially with a ghetto ass muffler delete. Mating sound of all the flat brimed snapback cap wearing vape bruhs.

vw_s

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
Anywhere that has driveways connected to houses is not it.
Let's assume 90% of the time this advice applies to your neighborhood. You don't want the people around you knowing what you have, whether it be expensive modifications to the engine, or the radio, you're handing that knowledge to potential thieves around you. Stealth mode until you're far away from anyone's home.

I'll never understand why these kids think this crackle tune bullshit is cool.
Nobody needs you to understand it. Let people have their own human experience. Unless they're outside of your house rattling the windows, why waste energy caring?

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
All loud cars are immature. Stealth 1000% always. I Don't care if it's an sick R8, a lifted pickup, a burble tune on a VAG car, a focus RS, a mustang, a Camaro, a Nissan skyline.... I'm just tired of hearing peoples shitty fucking cars here in New Jersey. Everyone thinks their car sounds amazing and they all sound like shit. Like a broken school bus or a lawn mower. The coolest thing about Tesla's is that they will fuck your car up in complete silence, like a hyper loop rollercoaster. Other than that, they have no soul like their drivers and stock holders.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
I have had so many stupid teenagers yell at me from the sidewalk; "make it 2 step!!"

Why would you want to be like one of these stupid kids, they suck dick

No thanks my lit bruh, I'm gonna keep it on fleek and not destroy my 200 CEL cat w/ one of these shitty tunes made to impress the zoomers.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Let's assume 90% of the time this advice applies to your neighborhood. You don't want the people around you knowing what you have, whether it be expensive modifications to the engine, or the radio, you're handing that knowledge to potential thieves around you. Stealth mode until you're far away from anyone's home.

Nobody needs you to understand it. Let people have their own human experience. Unless they're outside of your house rattling the windows, why waste energy caring?
Cuz that's exactly what was waking up my kid when we lived in an apartment. Not to mention shitbox 240's idling outside my house.

vw_s

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
Cuz that's exactly what was waking up my kid when we lived in an apartment. Not to mention shitbox 240's idling outside my house.
Had a similar issue with a 370Z treating apartment parking like a racetrack. Walked down one day while his hood was open, took pictures of his plates in front of him, and started walking away. He asked what was up, I told him this is not a racetrack, his behavior is not appreciated, and I was collecting the information to go with a video for an ongoing police report. Never saw the dude parked on my end of the lot again. Never had a problem at 2am ever again.

Is your problem with crackle tunes, or some vocal minority of people that don't know how to behave regardless of the social situation?

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Had a similar issue with a 370Z treating apartment parking like a racetrack. Walked down one day while his hood was open, took pictures of his plates in front of him, and started walking away. He asked what was up, I told him this is not a racetrack, his behavior is not appreciated, and I was collecting the information to go with a video for an ongoing police report. Never saw the dude parked on my end of the lot again. Never had a problem at 2am ever again.

Is your problem with crackle tunes, or some vocal minority of people that don't know how to behave regardless of the social situation?
They're usually the same crowd from my experience. Poppin off like they're not driving a shit box 4 banger (usually)

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
It's dumb to act like these tunes are fine because they CAN be used in a non obnoxious manner when literally 99% run them in an obnoxious manner.

vw_s

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
They're usually the same crowd from my experience.
I would have to agree, the same crowd that shows up at a car meet, does a burnout in their Honda civic, and starts a fight before getting kicked out. But I don't think that's all Honda Civic drivers. I think the 1-2 drivers that stand out do not represent the majority.