GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE stage 1 91 octane 3rd gear pulls

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Up to you. But mind blown if the throttle only opens 66% at wot.
Here they all are. No 100%.

Screenshot_20210109-202332_OBDeleven.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Wayment - this is the stage 1 IS12 tune correct? What elevation are you at? Trying to figure your boost out from mbar and looks like at near sea level that's about 20 peak taper to 14?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Wayment - this is the stage 1 IS12 tune correct? What elevation are you at? Trying to figure your boost out from mbar and looks like at near sea level that's about 20 peak taper to 14?
Yeah, IS12 Stage 1. Car is stock besides snow guard pull. I'm in CA and not far from the beach, so about as sea level as you get. A few of the logs were done further inland, but still at 39' elevation. :LOL:

No boost gauge yet as I figure I wouldn't need one till stage 2+, so not entirely sure what it's pulling. I'll probably install one when I go to install my IC, haven't looked into them too much on the MK7 though.

Something look off?

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yeah, IS12 Stage 1. Car is stock besides snow guard pull. I'm in CA and not far from the beach, so about as sea level as you get. A few of the logs were done further inland, but still at 39' elevation. :LOL:

No boost gauge yet as I figure I wouldn't need one till stage 2+, so not entirely sure what it's pulling. I'll probably install one when I go to install my IC, haven't looked into them too much on the MK7 though.

Something look off?
No not at all but I was trying to look at boost and timing and just putting in perspective of logging I've done. Looks to be peaking at around 20 which seems to be splitting Unitronic and APR down the middle w/r to peak boost.

Slick99

Ready to race!
how much boost is stage 1 IS12? i have got the powerlink cable n thinking to go stage 1 IS12 before going to stage 2 map.

Slick99

Ready to race!
Boost is around 20 to 22. Don't have a boost gauge right now, but from looking a the logs that what it seems like it's putting out.

Thanks for info, i hope my A3 1.8t can push this far as i have not seen the boost more than 16psi on JB4 map6.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for info, i hope my A3 1.8t can push this far as i have not seen the boost more than 16psi on JB4 map6.
Keep in mind that timing advance plays in big time with boost. In the jb4 you are following the stock timing curve. You are making a lot more advance than his stage 1 is. Like 6+ degrees in some spots

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Installed my JB4 today along with aFE dry filter with snow guard removal. Other than that I'm ARM Catted DP with straight spacer, and ARM FMIC currently. Ran some logs in map 0 of my IE stage 1 91 Octane tune. It was about 57ish ambient outside. Note these logs were made with the JB4 and not the IE dongle as the logs earlier in the thread are.
1:
https://datazap.me/u/storablecoma/ie-stage-1-91-oct-jb4-map-0?log=0&data=1-4
2:
https://datazap.me/u/storablecoma/ie-stage-1-91-oct-jb4-map-0-0?log=0&data=1-4

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Installed my JB4 today along with aFE dry filter with snow guard removal. Other than that I'm ARM Catted DP with straight spacer, and ARM FMIC currently. Ran some logs in map 0 of my IE stage 1 91 Octane tune. It was about 57ish ambient outside. Note these logs were made with the JB4 and not the IE dongle as the logs earlier in the thread are.
1:
https://datazap.me/u/storablecoma/ie-stage-1-91-oct-jb4-map-0?log=0&data=1-4
2:
https://datazap.me/u/storablecoma/ie-stage-1-91-oct-jb4-map-0-0?log=0&data=1-4
Interesting/thanks for sharing. I see it running a bit lean (to me) out at redline (12.5-12.7 out there). No KR. Modest timing advance and boost. IC is working well.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Interesting/thanks for sharing. I see it running a bit lean (to me) out at redline (12.5-12.7 out there). No KR. Modest timing advance and boost. IC is working well.
Nah, that's not really "lean" for the amount of boost and timing he's running. It's actually a pretty good number. What I don't like is how lean it is under 4000 RPM. His old logs show he's actually at like -4 degrees there. IE basically traded power for better fuel efficiency. Not bad, but not ideal for making power. It kind of makes sense because you rev through that range pretty fast anyway.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Nah, that's not really "lean" for the amount of boost and timing he's running. It's actually a pretty good number. What I don't like is how lean it is under 4000 RPM. His old logs show he's actually at like -4 degrees there. IE basically traded power for better fuel efficiency. Not bad, but not ideal for making power. It kind of makes sense because you rev through that range pretty fast anyway.
I wish I had logged my Uni stage 1 when I had it - I'm used to the IS20/38 tunes and others on the GTIs/Rs where lamda is down around .82 at redline which is closer to 12.0 AFR.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I wish I had logged my Uni stage 1 when I had it - I'm used to the IS20/38 tunes and others on the GTIs/Rs where lamda is down around .82 at redline which is closer to 12.0 AFR.
I run my own car around .80, but I'm running much more boost, and mainly do "highway rolls" (not that I'm a highway racer of any sort.. haha). AFR doesn't matter *that* much as long as you have enough fuel for cooling, and you're not that far off optimal. At his boost levels, I'd be more concerned if he was in the 13s up top. At that boost, as long as he's in the 12s, I'd say it's fine.

Uni logger didn't allow you to download the log, right?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I run my own car around .80, but I'm running much more boost, and mainly do "highway rolls" (not that I'm a highway racer of any sort.. haha). AFR doesn't matter *that* much as long as you have enough fuel for cooling, and you're not that far off optimal. At his boost levels, I'd be more concerned if he was in the 13s up top. At that boost, as long as he's in the 12s, I'd say it's fine.

Uni logger didn't allow you to download the log, right?
Correct but I *think* I can get them send them to me as a .csv....not really a big deal.