GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE released Rolling ALS + 2Step LC today

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The comments… “mines working fine” reminded me when EQT put out a revision and the LC was sending the cars to max boost, then put out the info for people to NOT USE it they are fixing the files, then there were comments “I saw not to use it, but I still did it anyways” 😂😂 when they ranting about the issue - Ed’s response was just “why did you still try and use it?”

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
IE - "Our RAL is not destroying your engine in the way we had anticipated, for that, we are truly sorry"

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The comments… “mines working fine” reminded me when EQT put out a revision and the LC was sending the cars to max boost, then put out the info for people to NOT USE it they are fixing the files, then there were comments “I saw not to use it, but I still did it anyways” 😂😂 when they ranting about the issue - Ed’s response was just “why did you still try and use it?”
There was at least 4 blown motors from that one.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
you would think that these features were tested numerous times, and the software must have had trial runs, and been vetted before it was rolled out, < yes i know in a perfect world things would never have bugs, or cause issues with your lights or radio... but damn. blowing up motors less than 24 hrs after the release, that is not going to bode well..

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
It’s a real sad turn for IE, and it will be a good while for their reputation to recover. It does look like they’ve agreed to take care of anyone who has suffered engine damage as a result of the tune at least.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
So it works fine on DSG? :ROFLMAO:

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
So apparently my homie blew either his turbo or his engine. Got out the car and it sounded internal. I’ll try to ask for more updates tomorrow. He is also a manual like me. ☹️

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
I was with him on FaceTime and it did sound like knock. But I had to get back to work , so I was unable to call him back. He definitely seemed pissed as another one of my friends addressed to me that he was “upset about something”.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
ya this isn't good.. I flashed the file onto my car (dsg) luckily before i even tried to use it all this started to happen. Flashed back to my old file just in case, they are emailing every one as a pre caution i guess but so far i believe 5+ cars have shit the bed.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Me personally am very surprised

why aren’t folks surprised. Is there something about IE I need to be warned about?
There are a good chuck of people who know or have seen/felt that IE doesn’t have the best track record as a whole - be it software and hardware, engine build program… but they have a really forward marketing team and approach, with beautiful branding and approach to marketing.