GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE released Rolling ALS + 2Step LC today

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Be honest, are you in any way surprised?
I am surprised it popped engines before turbos tbh. I expected one or two failures not the half dozen or more reported too.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
There are a good chuck of people who know or have seen/felt that IE doesn’t have the best track record as a whole - be it software and hardware, engine build program… but they have a really forward marketing team and approach, with beautiful branding and approach to marketing.
Ah gotcha thnx for explaining

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Literally the worst case scenario. And the thought is that majority of the individuals getting this software are most likely in their early 20s with little disposable income. Poor folk.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm sure there'll be more too. I wouldn't count on everybody seeing the email or being on fb/ig to see there's an issue. Dunno if they require people to give them their phone numbers, but something like this they should be calling every person that bought a tune. I guess that's not typical though. I don't remember EQT calling anybody when their launch control was blowing motors.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Once you get your registered dongle and flash your car you are in there system, ( email, maybe cell phone number i forget, and most your information ). i did not get a phone call but i did get some emails pretty quickly I would say maybe 3 hours after i flashed.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Once you get your registered dongle and flash your car you are in there system, ( email, maybe cell phone number i forget, and most your information ). i did not get a phone call but i did get some emails pretty quickly I would say maybe 3 hours after i flashed.
What did the email say? Hey, that thing you just bought will totally fuck your shit up. Cheers.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Me personally am very surprised

why aren’t folks surprised. Is there something about IE I need to be warned about?
The comment is more about rolling anti lag in general. It is hard on engines, hell even pops and bangs are not without risk. IE is fine, they released something people wanted. I don't think it is worth the risk to pick up 2-3/10s.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
What did the email say? Hey, that thing you just bought will totally fuck your shit up. Cheers.
States the Rolling anti lag / two step updated flash has seen some bugs in a " limited amount of vehicles" preferably manual cars they say. So they asked any one that flashed the file to remove it and revert back to the previous file they were on. Thankfully i did not try it out, traffic was crazy after work so im glad i didn't give it a try. If some DSG cars have popped as well then this is a giant F up

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
So some good news is that he’s getting a new motor, turbo, and getting paid for his labor (he’s going to do it himself) and supposedly he gets a free tune with it to make up for all of this. So he went from unlucky to super lucky. He’s also going to just build his motor now. 😅 on top of that he gets the Garrett turbo

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
So some good news is that he’s getting a new motor, turbo, and getting paid for his labor (he’s going to do it himself) and supposedly he gets a free tune with it to make up for all of this. So he went from unlucky to super lucky. He’s also going to just build his motor now. 😅 on top of that he gets the Garrett turbo
Think they can re cover from some thing like this after doing the same for 6+ people? not to mention the possibility of the ones who aren't posting about there experience