GOLFMKV

IE 200Cell HFC Downpipe and CEL

vw671

Autocross Newbie
My Milltek HJS downpipe triggers no CEL
So does my AWE... Which isn't made anymore but when it was said:
  • Performance Downpipe features a 200 CPSI EURO 6-compliant HJS catalyst
  • AWE No CEL Guarantee
My point was that it doesn't just matter the brand of catalyst being used but the model and hence quality of the particular one being used.

Last edited:

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Once again, return your IE and get a Milltek HJS, AMS, BullX or Bain custom GESI cat.
Just to tag on to this, the Baun w/ Gesi cat doesn't require a spacer either. Ran it for 5,000 miles with a Stage 1 tune (no cel delete) and never got a check engine light.

Petethegrk

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 golf r
@Jaer
Get this for your IE pipe and just be done with it. I've had mine on for 3 or 4 years now through summers and winters. No issues while starting the car in -10F or 100F.
Use the middle insert. The J spacers seem to work, but much more finicky because the exhaust cases get trapped in the J section sometimes and you'll throw a CEL. You basically want to pull the sensor out of the moving stream just a bit. I've literally NEVER thrown a CEL since install of this. Didn't even need to mess with it after install. Probably jinxed myself at this point.

https://fasthemis.com/i-23837153-vi...traight-w-adjustable-jets-cel-eliminator.html
Hey I know this is an old post but does this keep p2270 at bay ?

UtahMK7.5

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
Thank you, what restrictor are you using or is it none at all? Going Vortex in the next week so I'm sure I'll have to use one after tuning. Hopefully not but might as well be ready for it.
@Jaer
Get this for your IE pipe and just be done with it. I've had mine on for 3 or 4 years now through summers and winters. No issues while starting the car in -10F or 100F.
Use the middle insert. The J spacers seem to work, but much more finicky because the exhaust cases get trapped in the J section sometimes and you'll throw a CEL. You basically want to pull the sensor out of the moving stream just a bit. I've literally NEVER thrown a CEL since install of this. Didn't even need to mess with it after install. Probably jinxed myself at this point.

https://fasthemis.com/i-23837153-vi...traight-w-adjustable-jets-cel-eliminator.html