GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ICE screen sometimes slow to come on

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
I tried searching but the searches I could think of didn't have any useful results.

Sometimes when I start the car, my center screen takes a minute to start up. It seems to be random. I have my i-phone plugged in most of the time I'm in the car, but probably not always. When it happens I get no audio, no display, not even the "Volkswagen" logo. Even when I shift into reverse, the screen stays blank.

Also sometimes, and I think this is only with my i-phone supplying audio, the volume is muted and won't respond to any controls. If I switch to radio and back to Car Play, the volume works again.

I asked about the volume problem here once before and nobody posted that they shared the problem. I've since figured out that switching to radio makes it go away.

Both problems happen infrequently enough that the dealer could probably keep my car for a week and never see it happen.

Has anyone had either problem? How was it diagnosed and fixed?

Thanks
kevin

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I tried searching but the searches I could think of didn't have any useful results.

Sometimes when I start the car, my center screen takes a minute to start up. It seems to be random. I have my i-phone plugged in most of the time I'm in the car, but probably not always. When it happens I get no audio, no display, not even the "Volkswagen" logo. Even when I shift into reverse, the screen stays blank.

Also sometimes, and I think this is only with my i-phone supplying audio, the volume is muted and won't respond to any controls. If I switch to radio and back to Car Play, the volume works again.

I asked about the volume problem here once before and nobody posted that they shared the problem. I've since figured out that switching to radio makes it go away.

Both problems happen infrequently enough that the dealer could probably keep my car for a week and never see it happen.

Has anyone had either problem? How was it diagnosed and fixed?

Thanks
kevin

Is your iPhone plugged in when you start the car? If yes what happens if it's not plugged in when you start the car?

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Like I said, it doesn’t happen often and my iphone is usually plugged in. I’ll spend a week or two making sure it isn’t plugged in until after I start the car and see if it happens. IDK if 2 weeks is enough to confirm if the problem is gone, or if it just hasn’t happened yet.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
I get the same weird issues, it's pretty rare though. I keep my old 1st gen Google Pixel plugged in at all times for Amazon music and Google maps through Android Auto. Usually when it happens it's because the phone received updates, restarted, and needs me to unlock it. Other times I just unplug and replug it. Happens maybe once a month.

I'm probably the only person that has 2 different Proclip phone mounts in use at the same time lol. Cops think I'm a drug dealer...