GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ian's 2 door

ian124

Go Kart Newbie
A bit overdue, figured I'd finally make one of these. This is my extensively modified '16 Reflex Silver 2 door 6mt.

Drivetrain:

CYFB(Golf R/Audi S3) long block
Wavetrac LSD
Sachs 4 puck
TPC stage 3 is38 hybrid w/ 4 and 5 bar map sensors
CTS intake/APR turbo inlet
3" catless DP to 3" catback
Majesty direct replacement intercooler
CTS charge pipes/TMD
925cc MPI using OEM fuel rail
CTS Walbro 525 LPFP
Torqbyte PM4
VWR catch can
Torque Solution engine/trans mounts
Powerflex "race" dogbone mount bushing
Normal 6mt mods; delay valve delete, stainless steel clutch line, APR short shifter, shifter bushings, pedal spring delete
Fluidampr w/ ARP bolt

Chassis:
Aluminum subframe
H&R Street Performance coilovers

Interior:
Leather seat swap
Rear seat delete panel I made
BFI leather shift knob

Exterior:
R front bumper
Golf upper grille
Helix headlights
Sequential mirror signals
Rep euro tails
Maxton spoiler extension
Maxton rear diffuser
Rear wiper delete
Random no name side skirts
I've had a shit ton of different wheel setups. Just sold my gram lights so I'm rolling on some OEM mk6 wheels til I pick up the TSWs I've had my eye on.
IMG_5800.jpg
IMG_5799.jpg
IMG_5798.jpg
IMG_5797.jpg
IMG_5796.jpg
IMG_5795.jpg

Last edited:

ian124

Go Kart Newbie
Different wheels in every photo. I love it 😂 I think the last photo is my favorite set. Lotta meat and the fitment is perfect.

What is your best ET/MPH?
This car has been a nightmare to drag race between breaking engine mounts, clutches, and transmissions. With a broken dogbone mount and slipping clutch it went low 12s at 122mph on the is38. When I finally got the car to cut a decent 60’ it EPC’d just after the 1/8 and I ended up running a 12.0 at like 95mph which is my PB ET lol. Haven’t ran it with the hybrid yet.

ian124

Go Kart Newbie
Sweet trap on just an IS38. When you killed 4th were you lifting or no? User error? I use NLS and I haven’t heard of many MT failures so I'm curious.
I’ve used no lift shift for years. 4th didn’t break as I was shifting or immediately after, I was about halfway through the gear and hit a big dip that put a ton of load on the drivetrain. It made 460wtq on the is38 so I was already pushing it.

ian124

Go Kart Newbie
R is what was on the car, G is the new one. The R spec is about a year old, journal bearing, and doesn't spool very quick. The G is ball bearing and a little smaller so should be better for my goals. Haven't done a full pull yet, but giving it 30% throttle or so the boost comes up very quickly, I'm pretty happy with it. Once I get it tuned I'm hoping to lay down a pretty decent 60-130.

ian124

Go Kart Newbie
Dropped the car off at a local UM dealer yesterday. Excited to get the car back, flex fuel will be nice to have lol. Also got the ET Street Rs and RSE05s on the front, just need to get the rear wheel situation sorted.
75FDAA91-08AD-44C3-AC40-13F2DBD377C4.jpeg

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Your current wheel/tire setup looks hilarious :ROFLMAO:. The back wheels look like they’re on rails lol.

What are your plans with the rear wheels? Going back with RSE05s on the rear as well?