GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I think the tranny went

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I know where that quote is from... King Aruther from 2004 with Clive Owen. It's a great quote, I use it all the time. Lol...

Both. I think of line used in Austin Powers too.

Technically it's a Lenny Bruce bit but I doubt most people today know who he is.

There's nothing new under the sun.......

this is where I know it from. I assume LB would have been earlier

Last edited:

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
1660865176551.png

I may have whoopsied a trans once lol. For anyone who's wondering, the dog gearsets offer a myriad of options of 1-2 to 1-4th gears being dog toothed with options to have custom ratios dropped in for not a lot of money for the actual gears themselves. Went with a used stock transmission instead. Considered a Golf R one for the shorter final drive which helps out with stressing the output shafts, which is what failed on my stock trans. That's what I'll do if it happens again, don't need a box that's geared to 200+ MPH anyways lol

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
View attachment 258550
I may have whoopsied a trans once lol. For anyone who's wondering, the dog gearsets offer a myriad of options of 1-2 to 1-4th gears being dog toothed with options to have custom ratios dropped in for not a lot of money for the actual gears themselves. Went with a used stock transmission instead. Considered a Golf R one for the shorter final drive which helps out with stressing the output shafts, which is what failed on my stock trans. That's what I'll do if it happens again, don't need a box that's geared to 200+ MPH anyways lol
My friend did that, didn't know you can't skip gears with a dogbox lol

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
My friend did that, didn't know you can't skip gears with a dogbox lol
Yeah you can do 1st - 4th dog gears and then 5th - 6th syncro gears or 1st - 2nd syncro and 3rd - 6th dog; just about any combination as long as the gears aren't split up between the two. I went with 1st - 6th dog gears even though drag racing, I will only get it up to 3rd gear. If I ever decide to do a 1/2 mile or mile long race, then I'll use all of the gears.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah you can do 1st - 4th dog gears and then 5th - 6th syncro gears or 1st - 2nd syncro and 3rd - 6th dog; just about any combination as long as the gears aren't split up between the two. I went with 1st - 6th dog gears even though drag racing, I will only get it up to 3rd gear. If I ever decide to do a 1/2 mile or mile long race, then I'll use all of the gears.
keep an eye out for "Drew goes to Mexico: nighttime runs edition"