GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I now own two 2.0 turbo VAG cars

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
We traded in my wife's '17 Accord on a CPO 2018 A4 Premium Plus over the weekend.

While I'm going to miss the sound of Honda's 3.5 V6, I'm not going to miss the wheelspin and outdated technology.

As a die hard manual guy, I gotta say the 7 speed auto shifts ridiculously fast and the paddles are really quick to respond. Enough so, that I could probably live with this. It has the sport package, and the optional 19" wheels, so it handles pretty well for it's size and all season tires.

This is a huge upgrade over the Honda from an interior and technology perspective--which is what the wife wanted--and the interior is gorgeous. I'm jealous of the virtual cockpit compared to the watered down version in my Golf, and the B&O stereo is probably the best sounding factory stereo I've ever heard.

Tint and some clear bra are scheduled for Saturday morning. After that, wifey want's to tune it, so I suspect a JB1/4 are going to be in our future.

Pics:

Attachments

• A4_1.jpg
    A4_1.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 387
  • A4_2.jpg
    A4_2.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 405
Different shades of white, or just the lighting?

The dealership I got my R at had white and blue, it was a tough decision. They had a fender bender gassing up the white one, so blue it was.
Different colors. Silver White and Pure White.

I bought the silver white 2018 S for myself, but fell in love with the Rabbit, so gave the 2018 to my son for college graduation. It was the only way I could get my wife let me get the Rabbit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Different colors. Silver White and Pure White.

I bought the silver white 2018 S for myself, but fell in love with the Rabbit, so gave the 2018 to my son for college graduation. It was the only way I could get my let me get the Rabbit.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nice graduation gift!! Funny how we figure out the puzzle to get the cars we want.

I'm kinda surprised my went for this. She wanted a 10th gen Accord, but I saw this pop up locally and we took a look, and she liked it better. Bonus that I'd wayyyy rather drive this as the family hauler.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Congrats on your new addition.

Sport package on A4 makes such a huge difference even though its not a performance oriented vehicle. I had a 2013 A4 manual with sport package and its one of my favorite vehicle i have ever owned.