GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I need some opinions on this exhaust setup

ahubb45

Car(s)
2016 Mk7 GTI
Hey yall, I currently own a 2016 mk7 gti autobahn edition and have the stage 1 factory tune. I am constantly disappointed by the exhaust note of this car, stock, and am looking to liven it up quite a bit. My question though... as a daily driver I don't want something that is wayyy too loud and I have a feeling what I have in mind currently could be just that. Here is what I was planning on installing:

ECSTuning Muffler delete:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...ogx35S-vxMnJeloekCqgUO_Z6-wM39GRoCyq4QAvD_BwE

ARM Motorsports Catless Downpipe:
https://www.armmotorsports.com/products/mk7-gti-downpipe

I have a budget of about $750-800 and this does not have to include only exhaust mods, If you know any better performance mods that you would rate over an exhaust, please leave give me a suggestion!
Thanks ya'll!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
eh, I dont think its too bad tbh, if you just want louder, BUT if tuned for pops and bangs, it can be sketchy tolerable. My buddy started out with that muffler delete kit and catless dp, he did not like it as it was just raspy and droned etc. He only kept that car like that until replacement exhaust came in.
GTI's are also hard to get to sound good, that is why I spent HOURS researching cuz I like to get it right the first try, and I like to hear that my car is different. I also am picky as hell with exhaust sound. Here is what I went with and I cruise on the highway, have conversation no issue, no drone, and under 3500 rpm car has enough sound to know she is different. Over 3500 though is a whole different story, car is loud, you know its modded, and the exhaust note is exactly what I wanted, it absolutely wails at WOT with a nice deep tone. I hear the turbo when it spools and plenty of intake noise etc.

Cobb full intake system, Forge tmd, Turbosmart Dualport BOV, Unitronic high flow catted dp, AWE Track edition exhaust.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
eh, I dont think its too bad tbh, if you just want louder, BUT if tuned for pops and bangs, it can be sketchy tolerable. My buddy started out with that muffler delete kit and catless dp, he did not like it as it was just raspy and droned etc. He only kept that car like that until replacement exhaust came in.
GTI's are also hard to get to sound good, that is why I spent HOURS researching cuz I like to get it right the first try, and I like to hear that my car is different. I also am picky as hell with exhaust sound. Here is what I went with and I cruise on the highway, have conversation no issue, no drone, and under 3500 rpm car has enough sound to know she is different. Over 3500 though is a whole different story, car is loud, you know its modded, and the exhaust note is exactly what I wanted, it absolutely wails at WOT with a nice deep tone. I hear the turbo when it spools and plenty of intake noise etc.

Cobb full intake system, Forge tmd, Turbosmart Dualport BOV, Unitronic high flow catted dp, AWE Track edition exhaust.
This is catless, resonator-less and DUAL borla XR1s… lasted like that for 10 min before I ordered a cat and resonator.

While sound is subjective it was far from not “too bad” for me lol.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
This is catless, resonator-less and DUAL borla XR1s… lasted like that for 10 min before I ordered a cat and resonator.

While sound is subjective it was far from not “too bad” for me lol.

Lol that sound when you let off on the first take off...

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
AWE touring paired with a resonated DP sounds good and can be had if you buy used.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Turbongr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7
I think I may the only person that actually enjoys the stock sound. Roomie drives the car more than I do and I can identify it as soon as it's started from in the house and recognize when she's pulling up. I'd like it to be a little louder but I'm not hating the way it sounds from the factory.

May bite the bullet on the APR cai for a little more noise though. If so I'll be sure and start a thread about it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I think I may the only person that actually enjoys the stock sound. Roomie drives the car more than I do and I can identify it as soon as it's started from in the house and recognize when she's pulling up. I'd like it to be a little louder but I'm not hating the way it sounds from the factory.

May bite the bullet on the APR cai for a little more noise though. If so I'll be sure and start a thread about it.
Please don't - there are three active threads about that thing.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Three threads about what? I didnt notice anything...