GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I need a friend to hold my hand.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Yep, knew that was in the works and coming long before it got posted because Ed offered it to me a few months ago. I thought about it but I'm going bigger than what he is offereing.
That is Garretts own brand hybrid but only up to G25-660, the larger EQT turbo that is coming is supposedly a G30-770 style turbo.

This just came out to but there is probably some kinks to work out for early adopters.
Thor Extreme Turbocharger för Volkswagen Golf VII 2.0 R Audi S3 TTS | TurboTotal GmbH (turbo-total.com)

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yep, knew that was in the works and coming long before it got posted because Ed offered it to me a few months ago. I thought about it but I'm going bigger than what he is offereing.
Ed’s new offering that out in beta is bigger than these of the shelf garrets… these are essentially just putting out the power of all the existing 20 and 38 hybrids still.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
The HPA unit is mucho dinero for what it is.
Absolutely, had I not gotten a deal from a member on here I wouldn't have bought it.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
That is Garretts own brand hybrid but only up to G25-660, the larger EQT turbo that is coming is supposedly a G30-770 style turbo.

This just came out to but there is probably some kinks to work out for early adopters.
Thor Extreme Turbocharger för Volkswagen Golf VII 2.0 R Audi S3 TTS | TurboTotal GmbH (turbo-total.com)
Ed’s new offering that out in beta is bigger than these of the shelf garrets… these are essentially just putting out the power of all the existing 20 and 38 hybrids still.
Yes, his larger one, that is still in testing, is the G30-770 but the one that I am upgrading to, from a different vendor, is the G30-900 and Ed is not going up that big.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I don’t get where this turbo fits… the big one is too expensive compared to the Vortex XL at $2,849. I guess the "smaller one" fits in between the IHI i38 and a Vortex standard, but at $1,350, why not just get a Vortex Standard?
Maybe this helps explain it better

1629306672304.png

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Uni is developing OTS tune for stock fueling with that turbo and promised upgrade path for existing customers, just an FYI since you have their tune now and I think they said 465 crank but not sure on that.
That's pretty good news Chris, where did you hear this?

Sir.Bloops

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti mk7 2door se
hey. I have the cobb with EQT stage 2 tune on it with custom downpipe with upgraded dkm stage 2 clutch with a fluidampr. So far its a sick combo I also live in Canada so im rocking the continantal DWS06 tires. Which i think is perfect for toronto area life. Tons of grip and is also good for winter. If you wanna upgrade your turbo id def have eqt do a e tune for it. THey are pretty sweet and really reliable tune.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Uni is developing OTS tune for stock fueling with that turbo and promised upgrade path for existing customers, just an FYI since you have their tune now and I think they said 465 crank but not sure on that.
465 crank HP puts it in the standard Vortex and TPC20 range.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Isn't the Vortex an IS38 turbo?
Both vortex standard and xl are specific casts made for eqt “based” on Ihi housings

Standard is based on is20
xl is based on is38

To be technical of what a hybrid is… it’s not actually a hybrid like a littco,dbv2,TPC since they aren't actually modified is20s or is38.

But I think that’s also why over the WHOLE powerband (IMO) the vortex’s are the best performing “hybrids”