GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I lost my key, HALP

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Ok, I know my key is in my house somewhere. I have torn the place apart and have not been able to locate it. I know it's in the house because it has my house key on it and obviously I had to use that to get in.

I have KESSY, so I was wondering if there is any possible way to use an RFID locator type device to find it. I know it's only got around a 5 foot radius, so I should at least be able to locate it.

I have my spare key, but it has a dead battery and is generally just a pita to use while being dead, I'll deal with that situation later. My main concern is that I can't get in my mailbox.

Any help would be great.

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
In theory yes there are RFID detectors. In practice no, that's not going to solve your problem.

Use the spare key and the emergency procedure, go to the nearest supermarket or drugstore and buy a replacement battery for it. Your original will turn up.

Meanwhile you might need to put a hold on your mail delivery :-(

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
In theory yes there are RFID detectors. In practice no, that's not going to solve your problem.

Use the spare key and the emergency procedure, go to the nearest supermarket or drugstore and buy a replacement battery for it. Your original will turn up.

Meanwhile you might need to put a hold on your mail delivery :-(

Ya, I got a new battery on the way home today. Still haven't found em.

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
Look harder, lmao. In all seriousness it will turn up, just keep using the spare, also check the trash can, don’t ask me how lol.

cambs_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you open the car without having the spare?

The only reason I ask is my Dad lost his key, and he knew it was within the car somewhere. Eventually found out he had dropped it in between the windscreen and the bonnet. He was hunting through the car for over and hour!!