GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I like ROYAL PURPLE HPS OIL

mike G.

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI 6MT
HPS = hi performance street

has zinc which is extra slippery. Swear i get more mpg and power.
imo

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Lol. I've heard good things about it before on other cars, but nothing for mk7s.

Anyone tried their trans fluid? I might be switching again soon, been considering RP and Pennzoil Synchromesh

Last edited:

cb1111

NAOT (not another oil thread). Let me toss something out again for you to think about:

If an oil meets the required specs (502/4 or 508 depending on model/year) then you will not (cannot) tell the difference.

If you notice a difference then the oil does not meet specs and doesn't lubricate like the factory intended.

Or

You're just imagining it and are mentally justifying the extra cost of that boutique oil.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
NAOT (not another oil thread). Let me toss something out again for you to think about:

If an oil meets the required specs (502/4 or 508 depending on model/year) then you will not (cannot) tell the difference.

If you notice a difference then the oil does not meet specs and doesn't lubricate like the factory intended.

Or

You're just imagining it and are mentally justifying the extra cost of that boutique oil.
Exactly why the placebo effect is so powerful.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I used to run royal purple in my lawnmower, it was good shit.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
I used to run royal purple in my lawnmower, it was good shit.
Probably runs better than the mixture of used motor oil and sludge in my mower!

mike G.

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI 6MT
Yes
Ive run RP synchromein another car and it seemed to overcome the placebo effect and shift easier
For the next 100,000 or so shifts

My 2 cents

on my list to do on this car too

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
NAOT....lol

I used RP in my B5.5 Passat, then switched to Amsoil.......couldn't ever really tell a difference and Amsoil was a pain to get, and RP became more expensive than Euro Mobil 1, sooooo.........haven't really even entertained RP for my 7.5...probably won't either unless something drastic comes out proving it's better.

@tigeo as he's a very in depth oil analysis guy

mike G.

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI 6MT
Thnx for the info.

im a newbie, just trying to contribute what i can. Oil choice is a very touchy subject.
Your results may vary —ha ha