GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I got rocked by an m4

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Was the moon's gravitational pull accounted for when they were filled with nitrogen?
Surely there's an onboard device you can get that corrects for this, correct? If the Hummer H1 can inflate and deflate tires on the move, surely we can create a pump to correct for tidal forces down to the minute, right? Think of the lives we could save at Cars & Coffee if we just got Ford to buy into this for the Mustang!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I mean either way it’s very well documented that all drag radials absolutely suck on FWD MQB cars.

Bias ply slicks or 200tw street tires. Hoosier & MT drag radials don’t wrinkle on fwd and perform worse on every surface.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Do you know the build date? What was the temperature, humidity and elevation when they were installed an how tall was the installer, in cm?
Was the moon's gravitational pull accounted for when they were filled with nitrogen?
Well aren't you guys just fucking hilarious. There's a reason why I'm trying to find out what tires he using because I need to find tires that won't slip on the dyno due to high hp and I doubt my R888R will be able to handle it.

I mean either way it’s very well documented that all drag radials absolutely suck on FWD MQB cars.

Bias ply slicks or 200tw street tires. Hoosier & MT drag radials don’t wrinkle on fwd and perform worse on every surface.
Maybe on the street but not on a drag strip. Bias ply slicks are for heavier cars.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Well aren't you guys just fucking hilarious. There's a reason why I'm trying to find out what tires he using because I need to find tires that won't slip on the dyno due to high hp and I doubt my R888R will be able to handle it.

Maybe on the street but not on a drag strip. Bias ply slicks are for heavier cars.
This may be stupid, but would a hub dyno be the solution to this?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals

No matter, @El_bigote_AJ will just make fun of whatever you end up with.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

No, at the track drag radials suck on MQB FWD cars. Same 60’ or worse than 200TW & it’s well documented.

Absolutely do NOT waste your money on them. Every 10 second mk7 had bias ply

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
This may be stupid, but would a hub dyno be the solution to this?
It would but can't find any around me.

No matter, @El_bigote_AJ will just make fun of whatever you end up with.
Lol... Maybe but then again, he doesn't track his car so it doesn't matter what he thinks.

No, at the track drag radials suck on MQB FWD cars. Same 60’ or worse than 200TW & it’s well documented.

Absolutely do NOT waste your money on them. Every 10 second mk7 had bias ply
Where's it documented? Because I'm not finding much on Google. Besides, I've talked to multiple techs at M/T, told them what my car has and they all recommended their drag radials for my car. Told me that the bias-ply are for heavier cars that are north of 3000 lbs so I guess we'll see once I go to the strip.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I mean… you don’t track yours either 😂
Smart ass...

Calvin.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Thank you for your help, that was exactly the reaponse I was looking for. You want me to sift through 1276 pages of off topic bullshit and dick measuring contests? Have you read a singe page in this thread? I read the entire thing. I've made some notes with some contradicting points between...