GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I got rocked by an m4

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Went to pick up dog food. On the way back in my rear view I see a slammed silver BMW. It's approaching fast. I drop gears. I'm in third at 5k rpm and waiting for him. He pulls up beside and we go. 7k, shift into fourth, full throttle and homie is already three cars ahead. I'm looking at my cluster to make sure I don't have an epc light or some shit, nope. Car is moving fast. Looking ahead BMW is now bus lengths away.... So that ends. I end up catching up once we let off. Give the dude a thumbs up, he does the same. I ask him how much power he is pushing, he says 800. Oh OK. That makes sense.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yeah modded M4 are no joke. This is a buddy from works car, ran 9.6 last year with hybrid turbos on it around 750whp.

Switched to a big single and working on tuning it now, should be 1,000+ whp & the goal is to go high 8s.

A5960166-9731-4C63-A938-078576EE393B.jpeg
9D64F4FB-B852-4484-975E-AE97384A7F3F.jpeg

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Well, a car that is $100k and starts at 500hp should be stiff competition for even a modded VW.
$73k, but plenty are heavily optioned. Closer to $65k with Euro Delivery. I’ve been shopping a cloth, manual M3 with Euro Delivery while I semi-patiently wait for VW to build me another R.

Oopsie, ED was discontinued two years ago. Back to MSRP and the annoying dealers.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yeah, it's definitely going to haul some serious ass now. I'd imagine he is going to use slicks?

He has smaller brakes on all four corners & skinnies/bead locks getting slicks.

It’s zero expense spared. Clutch pack upgrades, fuel system, adjustable coilovers, adjustable LC anti lag, equal length twin scroll manifold with dual gates, my quick disconnect 3.5” titanium charge pipe, 3.5” DP, 4” intake.

Had the world record for stock block, until he sold that setup and re installed it on a friends car and re set the record with it.
C6E0A557-956C-4666-9B5D-5F5CCBF4B21C.jpeg
9B7841DF-A50B-4C6C-9EAC-F811EEF6A7A1.jpeg
BB427135-C6D4-497C-AA21-7FA468A112E5.jpeg

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
He has smaller brakes on all four corners & skinnies/bead locks getting slicks.

It’s zero expense spared. Clutch pack upgrades, fuel system, adjustable coilovers, adjustable LC anti lag, equal length twin scroll manifold with dual gates, my quick disconnect 3.5” titanium charge pipe, 3.5” DP, 4” intake.

Had the world record for stock block, until he sold that setup and re installed it on a friends car and re set the record with it. View attachment 255106View attachment 255107View attachment 255108
Awesome! If I ever hit the lottery, I'm torn between getting the RS3, TTRS, and the M4.

I see he has the same skinnies as me. What tires does he have on them?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Awesome! If I ever hit the lottery, I'm torn between getting the RS3, TTRS, and the M4.

I see he has the same skinnies as me. What tires does he have on them?
Lottery? Twin turbo R8, no question.
Used F-series M4s are relatively cheap now, you can get a setup like Jake's friend originally had for not much. Hybrid turbos, clutch packs, fuel system. Honestly surprised they're targeting 8s, RWD BMW usually can't launch well enough to really take advantage of that much power on a dig.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Lottery? Twin turbo R8, no question.
Used F-series M4s are relatively cheap now, you can get a setup like Jake's friend originally had for not much. Hybrid turbos, clutch packs, fuel system. Honestly surprised they're targeting 8s, RWD BMW usually can't launch well enough to really take advantage of that much power on a dig.
I don't know how I totally forgot about the R8. Yes, definitely a boosted R8 would be my first pick.