GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I Feel Sorry for People Stuck in CA

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
In all of these cases, it's still rough to blame the person who's homeless for getting hooked to very addictive drugs.
Never said otherwise. IMO most criminals in general are people that got caught up on the wrong side of the law due to their unfortunate surroundings and experiences

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Have you considered what direction it goes?

Like is it drugs->homeless

or is it homeless->drugs?

Honestly, I'd bet money on the second. Being homeless in a city like Chicago, in the middle of winter? I'd also want drugs to not feel mind numbingly cold.
I live in LA and my nephew is homeless and on drugs and I can guarantee it is almost never homeless->drugs. I would say it is very rare for someone to become down on their luck, become homeless, and then start using drugs.

Think about it. Most people have at least one friend or family member who would give them shelter except if they're on drugs or mentally ill.

I'm not blaming anyone but in LA it is obvious the government does not care. Living on the streets is not living.

Last edited:

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I live in LA and my nephew is homeless and on drugs and I can guarantee it is almost never homeless->drugs. I would say it is very rare for someone to become down on their luck, become homeless, and then start using drugs.

Think about it. Most people have at least one friend or family member who would give them shelter except if they're on drugs or mentally ill.

I'm not blaming anyone but in LA it is obvious the government does not care. Living on the streets is not living.

That may be the case in LA or where you have family. But a lot of people out here simply lose their home if they lose their job or if their rent gets hiked, and are forced to their cars or the street. And if you get caught sleeping in your car, that’s another fine, which you can’t afford. It can very quickly spiral out of control from there. And a lot of people won’t ask for help initially because they’re too prideful to. And by the time they realize they need help, they may be getting their car impounded.

I just really hope that people start seeing drug users as victims too. Nobody wakes up in the morning, clicking their heels, saying “I’d like to do some heroin today”. It’s a horrible drug that drags you into hell. It doesn’t care who you are, how smart or rich you are. It drags you to hell and promises you a good time. If you guys haven’t read this Reddit thread you should - https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/9ke63
You can see the guys addiction happen from a third party lens. It’s so easy to see for us, but he argues with literally everyone about being addicted, and ends up ODing. Doesn’t take a lot to get there.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Reddit is a joke. Watch Intervention if you want to really see/learn about addiction

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
You can see the guys addiction happen from a third party lens. It’s so easy to see for us, but he argues with literally everyone about being addicted, and ends up ODing. Doesn’t take a lot to get there.
Jeez, that was so sad to read, I liked someone's comment on the original post. The only way to play the game is not to play...

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Jeez, that was so sad to read, I liked someone's comment on the original post. The only way to play the game is not to play...
Thankfully, he got the help he needed a and is clean now. But it paints a vivid picture of how easy these drugs can take over your life

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
"I was bored so I decided to buy some weed from a stranger but he wanted to sell me more than I wanted so I decided to do fucking heroin instead"

If that story is true that guy is a complete retard

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
"I was bored so I decided to buy some weed from a stranger but he wanted to sell me more than I wanted so I decided to do fucking heroin instead"

Probably had a bunch of shit going wrong in his life.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo

yeah hey love knowing that ive got developmental issues makes you think im a lesser person and use it as an insult, thanks.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Does anyone watch SoftWhiteUnderbelly on YouTube?

He does interviews with Homeless, Drug addicts, Gang members, etc. It really puts a perspective on how people end up this way.

Out of thousands of interviews he's done. When it comes homelessness, unfortunately these are broken people that are usually on drugs and when you dig deeper about the Drugs, you realize it's mental health, and when you go down deeper you realize most of them were abused by Family members, physical and sexually and never had a support system to help them. So it's hard to fix someone who's been broken by their family since birth. Extremely sad really.

If anyone actually cares I'd share this interview about a teenage homeless girl on skid row and hear her story.