GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I don't want to start an trouble but…

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
Hey thanks for the post OP.
I had forgotten how APR is always sounding arrogant on the Vortex.
& now I know that those who speak loudest...blows hardest.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
you're late. doesn't make it less shady.

They are forever tarnished in my book...just like their low quality steel exhausts :rolleyes:

There are plenty of defenders though which I find quite comical. I guess the are big enough and have the marketing dollars to seemingly make it disappear from peoples' memory...

abaptis17

Passed Driver's Ed
1) I wouldn't get an exhaust from APR
2) I don't think their engineering was the issue so I can assume that their products are still quality right?
3) if the former isn't true then what are solid companies to move forward with?
4) think this has anything to do with the delay of GTI products particularly the ECU flash for the 2016 model?

Thanks guys

Animoski

Passed Driver's Ed
1) I wouldn't get an exhaust from APR
2) I don't think their engineering was the issue so I can assume that their products are still quality right?
3) if the former isn't true then what are solid companies to move forward with?
4) think this has anything to do with the delay of GTI products particularly the ECU flash for the 2016 model?

Thanks guys

It's kinda hard to read into it with all the other rubbish around those forums, but from what I gather, APR may or may not have ordered Corsa (the manufacturer of those sold "RSC" exhaust) to not include the technology due to cost. Either APR straight up lied (there is proof of that) about what their product actually is, or Corsa lied to APR and APR just never happened to do any QC on anything they shipped or slapped their name onto..

Gills

1)

No, this doesn't have anything to do with that, they just haven't figured out how to crack them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delta6

No, this doesn't have anything to do with that, they just haven't figured out how to crack them yet.

I agree. While I am thankful for APR and their commitment to development teasing things months before they are ready is causing major frustration.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Gills

I agree. While I am thankful for APR and their commitment to development teasing things months before they are ready is causing major frustration.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

UM figured it out already, APR doesn't have the inside line on the SIMOS ecu like they did with the Bosch, consequently they're having a tougher time cracking it.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!
UM figured it out already, APR doesn't have the inside line on the SIMOS ecu like they did with the Bosch, consequently they're having a tougher time cracking it.

Last I heard from UM in an email (2 weeks ago), is that have the fix for the R, but NOT for the GTI.

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Wow read that article, that's some bs! Hope they're ready for some lawsuits, lol...

• 2015 VW Golf SEL1.8L TSI w/ LP •

Last edited:

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Why would they be ready for lawsuits? That stuff is well over a year old. The lawsuits would have come and gone. No one really knows what actually happened other than APR and Corsa. In any case the people at APR that made those decisions are long gone, they were bought out by a capital investment company.