GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I did a mistake with OBD11 - Pleas HELP!! (FIXED)

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
Just wanted to say thanks for not abandoning once the issue was fixed, and updating with detailed instructions for anyone who finds this in the future. Glad you got it figured out OP
Yes that is awesome. When I had a s2000 the forum I was on, s2ki, had tons of dead threads with problems and no fixes.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
• The procedures of solving this problem is very simple and take no more than 10 minutes.

• Make sure the engine is OFF and the ignition in ON from the first before you do anything.

1- Go to control units
-> (Steering assistance)

2- Live Data
-> Choose (Steering angle sensor, angle) then put OK, after that turn your steering to the middle and make sure the angle isn’t more than ( 0 ) degree, and don’t touch the steering wheel at all until you finish all the procedures.

• That’s most important step so you can have some permission i think to do some coding you couldn’t do it before and it tells you ERROR!!

3- Go to (Diagnostic session)
from (Steering Assistance) again
-> and change it to
(End of assembly line mode) (EOL).

4- Go to (Basic settings)
from (Steering assistance) again
-> choose (Steering angle sensor) and activate it and leave it unitl it turnd off by itself it may takes 60 seconds mostly.

5- turn OFF the ignition, turn it ON again
then turn ON the engine.

6- Go to (Basic settings) again
from (Steering assistance)
and choose the last one
(Steering angle sensor, zero calibration w/ steer . wheel scales)
put the value (0) degree then -> done.

after all that it must be solved and the fault and light in the dashboard disappeared, after that just turn OFF the ignition, and do final scan and clear all the faults,, that’s exactly what i did and it works 100% and all problems is solved.

Good luck,,.
I tried doing this because after my alignment, my car is pulling to the right with the steering at centre. I was able to do steps 1 to 5 but at step 6, I get an error. Any suggestions on how to get past the error?

With the angle sensor at 0 while doing step 2, the steering wheel is not centre and pointed slightly to the left.

Last edited:

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Anyone know how to get this working? It didn't like the security code or something.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
@geokilla Did you have any luck with this? More than 2 years later 🪦

I happened to be logging Steering Angle Sensor with my new OBD adapter and the Car Scanner app, which is when I noticed that 0° does not correspond to straight ahead on my wheel. Straight is around 5° and 0 is to the right a bit. I was thinking I could try this to reset the zero point. I probably shouldn't mess with it, but....

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
@geokilla Did you have any luck with this? More than 2 years later 🪦

I happened to be logging Steering Angle Sensor with my new OBD adapter and the Car Scanner app, which is when I noticed that 0° does not correspond to straight ahead on my wheel. Straight is around 5° and 0 is to the right a bit. I was thinking I could try this to reset the zero point. I probably shouldn't mess with it, but....
Nope I couldn't figure it out.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
@geokilla just wanted to let you know I did it with ODIS and it worked no problem. I don’t know what the equivalent is with OBDeleven/VCDS but it was pretty quick. And now my wheel reads 0.0 when it’s more or less straight on. I’ll have to drive some more to see if it’s helped. So far I think it has because my wheel used to like that old zero position a lot and always wanted to return to that angle. Now it seems to “like” the real center which is good.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
@geokilla just wanted to let you know I did it with ODIS and it worked no problem. I don’t know what the equivalent is with OBDeleven/VCDS but it was pretty quick. And now my wheel reads 0.0 when it’s more or less straight on. I’ll have to drive some more to see if it’s helped. So far I think it has because my wheel used to like that old zero position a lot and always wanted to return to that angle. Now it seems to “like” the real center which is good.
Is ODIS VAG-COM? Or is it a dealer software? How's the adaptive cruise control?

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Is ODIS VAG-COM? Or is it a dealer software? How's the adaptive cruise control?
It's the dealer software, yup. Acquired from certain sources lol. (actually, same site where I believe you found the navigation data last year, mibsolution.one). And a VAS5054 adapter from AliExpress.

All I can say is I'm kind of pissed I drove the car like this for multiple years. Ever since I got the rack replaced under warranty, which I probably shouldn't have, I could swear it took a bit more effort to turn left than right. And sometimes on the highway in a long left turn, I would feel the wheel kicking, like it couldn't decide how much assist to give. They must have not done it right at the dealer 😒

Also, cruise control and lane assist still work fine, no errors or really any difference there. The steering just feels a lot better and smoother. Actually balanced between left and right.