GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I can't disassemble the grill

Gorpe

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone, the other day I tried to disassemble the grill of my golf 7.5 but I failed to disassemble it, the bottom was very strong and did not come loose.

Has anyone tried?

I tried to follow the steps in this video but there was no way.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I tried following that video as well and gut stuck at the bottom clips as well. I couldn't get enough clearance to even get a tool/my hands back there to release the clips.

Gorpe

Passed Driver's Ed
I tried following that video as well and gut stuck at the bottom clips as well. I couldn't get enough clearance to even get a tool/my hands back there to release the clips.
In the video it seems easy, it seems that it just stretches, but in my case it was impossible

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Once you get one end started, it becomes easier. Start on the left side first. Remember that the bottom tabs must be lifted towards to "let go"

Edit..... Push them down. Then they will pull out

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i removed my grill 3 times yesterday.

remove 2 bolts on top. pull out top on each side. then put fingers in lower honeycomb, and press down, and pull towards you.. (one side at a time)

** put painters tape in front of grill bottom so you don't chip your paint like i did. **

Gorpe

Passed Driver's Ed
Once you get one end started, it becomes easier. Start on the left side first. Remember that the bottom tabs must be lifted towards to "let go"

Edit..... Push them down. Then they will pull out
Do you have to release the tabs behind the grill?