GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I blew my engine, here's some info about it

sherbet

Ready to race!
I had a little encounter with a scat pack charger on the highway… during the heat wave a month or two back. It was 105°F ambient and I told myself no, but I couldn’t help myself, and it started messing around with him. Long story short, I was in almost a full boost for about 10 miles on the highway with him going back-and-forth and even though my car started pulling an excessive amount of timing and my oil temperature was up around 240° by the end, my car had zero issues, and also embarrassed him in the process. Also, to note, I was on an IS20 Uni stage 2 with a stock DP and exhaust, obviously I know this is not suggested, but for the record clearly it’s not an issue as I had put around 30,000 hard miles on the car like this. It seems like if the engine was to have an issue at any point that would have been the nail in the coffin. It seems like you just had bad luck. Good ranted, 87 octane is not doing you any favors on a tuned turbo engine, but I can tell you from first-hand experience, These engines can take a lot of abuse. Hell, I have a buddy with a VTT 72mm hybrid/MPI/E85 and a 100 wet shot of nitrous on his alltrack and has not blown that thing up and is not very kind to it. You also have to factor in that not all of her engines are created equal, and factor in the inherent risk of modifying anything, and stuff like this, unfortunately does happen occasionally.

cptnhoek

Car(s)
2017 AllTrack DSG
I had a little encounter with a scat pack charger on the highway… during the heat wave a month or two back. It was 105°F ambient and I told myself no, but I couldn’t help myself, and it started messing around with him. Long story short, I was in almost a full boost for about 10 miles on the highway with him going back-and-forth and even though my car started pulling an excessive amount of timing and my oil temperature was up around 240° by the end, my car had zero issues, and also embarrassed him in the process. Also, to note, I was on an IS20 Uni stage 2 with a stock DP and exhaust, obviously I know this is not suggested, but for the record clearly it’s not an issue as I had put around 30,000 hard miles on the car like this. It seems like if the engine was to have an issue at any point that would have been the nail in the coffin. It seems like you just had bad luck. Good ranted, 87 octane is not doing you any favors on a tuned turbo engine, but I can tell you from first-hand experience, These engines can take a lot of abuse. Hell, I have a buddy with a VTT 72mm hybrid/MPI/E85 and a 100 wet shot of nitrous on his alltrack and has not blown that thing up and is not very kind to it. You also have to factor in that not all of her engines are created equal, and factor in the inherent risk of modifying anything, and stuff like this, unfortunately does happen occasionally.

Well now I just want to know more about that AllTrack :D