GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hybrid IS38 Dyno'd

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Hi guys,

I am not usually into dynos, but since it is winter here and the tracks are closed until April, I thought I would head out and get a baseline of where I am at so I can evaluate where the car is making power (powerband wise). Keep in mind this is on 100% stock N/A fueling, and no ethanol or meth, just pump gas (94 here, which is decent).
Catted DP w/stock catback, APR Intake, Uni IC, Fluidampr.

Results: 394whp on 26.7psi held to redline, 397whp 27.5psi held to redline. Hitting 9* timing or so up top. Tuned with Maestro.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
That's a nice smooth curve. I bet that thing is a blast to drive on the street.
Hard to tell :D It's winter and I can't hook until almost 100mph.

205/55/16 ftl :(

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
So is the hybrid creator a secret? Litco? Gpop? Obviously Maestro is helping considerably in the tuning dept.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Oh sorry, no, no secret. It is DBV2 here in Canada.

20g billet 6+6 compressor wheel with a TD06H turbine in a Mitsubishi CHRA using stock IS38 compressor/turbine housings.

I did not dyno previous setups - I know, would have been helpful.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Any reason you ditched 5150 for ED?

I am limited to someone else tuning me with 5150 (Jon makes great files, but I wanted to learn and tune myself) as I don't have protuner software, plus I had Sam (613B6) offer to help me with my IS38 setup - which I am grateful for. I am sure it will be passed soon, but as it sits, 2nd highest trap speed on IS38, we were doing something right.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Great numbers! DBV2 seems to make decent turbos, but man do they spool slow.

I'm still torn apart by that.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Great numbers! DBV2 seems to make decent turbos, but man do they spool slow.

I'm still torn apart by that.

Its just the way I had it tuned. It will do full boost by ~4-4.2k. Same as the 2867R (with 5-10% less performance).

Keep in mind the VTT turbo fixed their spooling on ethanol.

Running a ton of timing on ethanol at spool will help a lot. I am running like 0 right now at spool on pump.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Its just the way I had it tuned. It will do full boost by ~4-4.2k. Same as the 2867R (with 5-10% less performance).

Keep in mind the VTT turbo fixed their spooling on ethanol.

Running a ton of timing on ethanol at spool will help a lot. I am running like 0 right now at spool on pump.

Oh, I absolutely agree. :) I like the turbo, i just wish someone would explore the full potential of it on the stock fuel system, Or even test on E30 and 15*-18* of timing or so.