GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hulk's GTI Project

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Finally getting to performance. Exhaust and NPM to be installed next week.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Magnaflow exhaust

NPM for ease of use, easy install/removal, also got it for a hundred cheaper. Also it's not like the power is different but I get why ppl opt for JB1.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Neuspeed Power Module installed tonight. All I can say is WOW. Really surprised what this little box offers in the way of power and speed. You can feel it with even a slight touch of the pedal.

Car accelerates way faster, you can even hear the turbo spooling more clearly. Car used to redline in 2nd at 60mph but now it redlines at 70mph+ in what feels like a much faster amount of time. End result: 0-60 noticeably quicker. But it's the 30-90 that's insane. Can see easily now what ppl meant when they said this car can walk a lot of things from a roll.

Surprised how much the car gains with just a piggyback. Looking at a 20% increase in WHP with a simple plug and play. This will entertain me plenty for now.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
Looking at a 20% increase in WHP with a simple plug and play. This will entertain me plenty for now.

wow did you put your gti on a dyno already?

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
did you get to Joshypoos at NLS?

I actually did reach out today but they're booked for the next two weeks. Must be a great place.

I was able to get in with AP Tuning for Saturday.

redlined0517

Passed Driver's Ed
I got non-stop looks on the drive home. I guess I'll have to get used to the attention :cool:

Hulk, The car looks killer. I have had a lot of Red cars in the past and told myself never again but I think it may be my favorite for this MK7 GTI. The Black wheels and tint really make it pop. I was wondering where you got the tint done since I am in the same general area as you.

I am sure you are in love with the car all over again after that little power box. They are impressive for a piggyback! :D

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Hulk, The car looks killer. I have had a lot of Red cars in the past and told myself never again but I think it may be my favorite for this MK7 GTI. The Black wheels and tint really make it pop. I was wondering where you got the tint done since I am in the same general area as you.

I am sure you are in love with the car all over again after that little power box. They are impressive for a piggyback! :D

Thanks man, yeah I'm finally glad I went for the black accents once the wheels were on. And was surprised how noticeable the piggyback was initially. Nice power boost for a cheap price.

Place I went to was called High End Tint in Allentown. Not sure if you're near that way at all. They did a great job, no air bubbles, no issues, fair pricing. The guy there said he figured out the "trick" to doing the little windows up near the front doing my car. Not everybody cares to since they're such a pain in the neck.

redlined0517

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks man, yeah I'm finally glad I went for the black accents once the wheels were on. And was surprised how noticeable the piggyback was initially. Nice power boost for a cheap price.

Place I went to was called High End Tint in Allentown. Not sure if you're near that way at all. They did a great job, no air bubbles, no issues, fair pricing. The guy there said he figured out the "trick" to doing the little windows up near the front doing my car. Not everybody cares to since they're such a pain in the neck.

Nice! Allentown is only about 45mins from me. i live in Manayunk so its right up 476. I am going to check them out!

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Allentown is only about 45mins from me. i live in Manayunk so its right up 476. I am going to check them out!

Sure thing! Nice build btw

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Exhaust goes on tomorrow, pics/vids to follow.

Also, considering a rear sway bar to eliminate some body roll. ST affordable and had a good review on here.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,023

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Spending my morning here for exhaust installation. Pics/vids soon to follow :D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,134