GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

hub centric rings

pjs06c

Passed Driver's Ed
Compared to original TSW hub ring...

That's what I was looking for, thank you! Going to see if I can get a set of the newer ones and hopefully that gets rid of the vibration

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Where did you get them again? The 56.1mm which becomes 57.1mm at the edge that is.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Where did you get them again? The 56.1mm which becomes 57.1mm at the edge that is.

The 56.1mm measurement isn't a part of the ring, thats just the narrower diameter of the hub below the 57.10mm lip that you need the ring to contact.

TSW made a ring with an extension to fit in their wheels, otherwise a 10mm thick 57.10mm inside diameter ring with the correct OD for your wheel bore should work for most other aftermarket brands.

quincy

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed a set of the ECS rings and they worked fine. They were a little shorter and didn't cover the hub entirely but it covered enough so that they weren't loose

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
I purchased Konig Ampliforms with the proper bolts and from some recommendations I bought some cheap $6 eBay plastic hub rings. Minor vibrations but got bad around 80mph and worse at higher speeds.

I swapped out the UroTuning plastic rings and man what a difference. Not only are the bigger on the hub side, they're a higher quality plastic too. Did the highway test up to 1xx and no vibrations!!

These are the ones I bought
https://www.urotuning.com/products/hubcentric-rings-set-of-4-66-6mm-to-57-1mm?variant=8385055752247

ultra

TSW won't sell the rings directly, unfortunately. You have to get them from a TSW dealer.
Discount Tire can get them for you.
I'm not sure where you're located, but if you talk to Ben @ the New Hudson store....he can get you taken care of. (tell him Dan referred you)

Did you have to ask anything in specific to get the new rings? I am thinking about reaching out to my local discount tire to try and get that new style. Mine came with the old 72.0 to 57.1 style.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Did you have to ask anything in specific to get the new rings? I am thinking about reaching out to my local discount tire to try and get that new style. Mine came with the old 72.0 to 57.1 style.

No.
I needed some rings for a (old) set of TSW's I had purchased, so my guy called TSW to order them & TSW sent my Discount Tire the (newer) bright blue ones.

Do NOT waste your time or money with Gorilla/WheelPro Hubcentric Rings (made in Taiwan). Use the Bimecc Hubcentric Rings (made in Italy) sold by ECS and others. I purchased mine from Lucidity-Motorsports on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/usr/lucidity-motorsport?
There is no comparison as you can see from the photos.

New (wider version) Gorilla 72-5710 vs. Bimecc AP7265710

ONLY the Bimecc Ring snaps into the wheels tight.

Both Gorrilla & Bimecc Rings have the outer lip to prevent them from sliding.

Last edited:

ultra

Is it just me or does it seem like it's hard to find hub centric rings that are 72.0 to 57.1 other than directly from TSW? I am waiting on my local shop to get the (hopefully new style) rings in from them.

I was reading that it still may not help and have had a hard time finding 72.0. all the aftermarket rings I find are 72.6 which won't fit my wheels..

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does it seem like it's hard to find hub centric rings that are 72.0 to 57.1 other than directly from TSW? I am waiting on my local shop to get the (hopefully new style) rings in from them.

I was reading that it still may not help and have had a hard time finding 72.0. all the aftermarket rings I find are 72.6 which won't fit my wheels..

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My local Discount Tire shop ordered the new TSW rings three (3) times before finally receiving the correct ones. Unfortunately my wheels require 72.6, so the 72.0 rings were too small. Call Jeff at the Ocala, FL store and see if he'll send them to you.

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Yup...only from them.
TSW is pretty much the only wheel company that uses a 72mm bore, so they sell their own rings and you're forced to get them from them.
(although if you buy the wheels new from them, they should/usually include the rings)

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Aftermarket wheel hub sizes are typically sized in one of two ways:

Something that matches an OEM Hub Size, like 72.62mm (Common for Toyota) which means for those applications no hub ring is needed.

-or-

An even mm bore that may or may not be common from accessory companies. This means a hub ring is always going to be needed for that wheel.

In TSWs case they use a whole number bore which for better or for worse forces you to use their rings exclusively.

BippityBopMeUp

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
Bringing this thread back to life. I will be going to Discount Tire tomorrow. Am I asking them for the 72mm OD to 57.1mm OD? Or 72.1mm OD to 57.1mm? I can barely make out the images posted earlier by golfrrrr1 but it looks like the receipt shows 72mm to 57.1mm.