GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPFP upgrade vs LPFP + MPI

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
nothing. no different e70 vs e85 except a little more heat quenching ability on very log pulls like 150+mph. e50 is plenty for most street driven cars
gotcha so tune for e50 make great power have a blast and then what happens if your over 50?

a full tank at an e85 pump could just get you e50,60. an ethanol sensor would just be one too many gauges and much too much more wiring in the whip lol. Would like to just fill up at a E pump and not have to calculate. Just a fill n smash tune

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
GTI right? MPI not required at all unless you're trying to future-proof the setup for a bigger turbo later. and yeah for is20.. e30-40 is likely plenty.

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
GTI right? MPI not required at all unless you're trying to future-proof the setup for a bigger turbo later. and yeah for is20.. e30-40 is likely plenty.
issa R. stock pilin parts. cherry on top will be a hybrid. hpfp was in the plans but looks like its not needed

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I don't like being bothered with blending. Will upgraded HPFP be enough for full E85 with an IS20? I know it's overkill, but I don't care.
This is exactly what I’m doing

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Brushless lpfp, mpi, vortex, 5/4 bars and a fuel it Bluetooth kit.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
for my love of bringing dead posts back to life......would there be any advantage to running both a hpfp and a lpfp with MPI?
I don't believe so - if anything, it's preferable to run the stock HPFP because of reliability concerns with upgraded HPFP.

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
I currently have an upgraded HPFP by (HPA Gen3) and an upgraded LPFP ( Brushless Pro Series by EQT ).
If I decide to add MPI to my fuel setup, will it require me to put back my stock HPFP or can I still keep the upgraded HPFP with MPI ?

Last edited: