GOLFMKV

HPFP fitting weeping

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I might have assumed it was more the price but lets not assume anything

Not many posts under "HPA HPFP failure"

See Jeff had an issue that was fixed as did other post I've seen. I do however remember from my MKV days that Autotech had a high failure rate (yes some to install errors)
If you're thinking about getting a HPFP get the one you want but the consensus in the forum is the Autotech.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
On the MK6R a lot of people had the APR HPFP, the Autotech internals were < . IE was also popular; I had LOBA, from zee Germans.

Metro424

Passed Driver's Ed
Well noticed today that the 17mm nut on the HPFP hardline running into the injector rail is wet with gas. Not enough to really drip but it is definitely weeping.

I had it off while doing my carbon clean, and snugged it up as best I could, but it was real hard to get a wrench on it. How tight do I have to realistically get these fittings. I doubt it's crossthreaded as I spun it on by hand.
If you haven’t tightened it yet https://www.harborfreight.com/8-piece-metric-offset-box-wrench-set-32042.html
Buy a cheap HF 17mm box wrench, cut it in half and cut a slot on the box end and now you have a wrench that you can snake around and get on the fitting. Works for me and was cheap.