GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPA OEM + is38 insight

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Ok ok could i still run it without for alittle ?! I live kinda deep in pa so driving to get that corn is little far šŸ˜…
You will need to get a custom tune to run this turbo, so I would get all the fueling upgrades and other supporting mods first.

It's gonna save you money in the long run to get all supporting mods first or else you'll have to spend $500 or more for a new tune each time you add a significant mod like a fuel pump.

Here's a helpful FAQ on what mods you need for the Vortex turbo: https://eqtuning.com/apps/help-center#hc-recommended-required-modification-list-1

ddvrich

Car(s)
Mk7 gti
Sorry Iā€™m new to this whole thing so Iā€™d just need a new fuel pump ? I have dp and a front mount already and other stuff thatā€™s ā€œ stage 2ā€

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Sorry Iā€™m new to this whole thing so Iā€™d just need a new fuel pump ? I have dp and a front mount already and other stuff thatā€™s ā€œ stage 2ā€
Check out the link in my post above. It'll point you in the right direction.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Why did you choose the low torque file?
I've had both the low TQ files for stage 1 and stage 2 and really like the power delivery. Also the clutch was a consideration even though I know I will have to replace it down the line. I might try the high TQ file in the future but for now I'm really liking the tune I have.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Cool.

A Stage 2 Tune puts out more torque than the is38 tune. I wouldn't have thought that is the case, but it is.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Cool.

A Stage 2 Tune puts out more torque than the is38 tune. I wouldn't have thought that is the case, but it is.
Yeah I was surprised as well about the TQ but the curve is very flat. With that being said, I am going to get the high TQ file flashed on Friday. I'm going to try it out and see if I like it, if not the flash back to the low TQ is free.