GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HP Tuners DIY Tuning Solution

mw1978

Ready to race!
Is this available for ROW cars?

Exley

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks man. My MPVI2 was shipped this AM, hopefully have something to mess around with this weekend.

Want to check it out before I spend any credits. My C5Z is tuned with EFILive.... I've thought about moving over to HPT, but honestly I think EFI has more stuff for the LS1B platform. MPVI2/pro feature set promised a lot of cool features like black box logging, logging over BT connection etc....but sounds like some of it is taking years to implement and still not here. Wanna test that all out too.

You should be able to read ECU/TCU without a license correct? Only when you go to do your first write.
Correct. It will only ask you to spend credits when you attempt to write.

I don't have any EFI live experience, but I know GM switched computers around then and one is better supported then the other on HPT. My buddy tunes for a GM high performance shop. What year is your C5?

Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Correct. It will only ask you to spend credits when you attempt to write.

I don't have any EFI live experience, but I know GM switched computers around then and one is better supported then the other on HPT. My buddy tunes for a GM high performance shop. What year is your C5?

2003 (P01), but I switched to a 2004 P59 ECU so I can run flex fuel. I think since the Gen 3 LS era... EFI has slowly been getting away from the gas stuff.

But I've compared P01/P59 files in HPT software vs what I have in EFI...and EFI has more tables. Big thing for me is that it allows you to define your own custom table that are otherwise missing in the software (a lot of the FF tables) for free. HPT charges something like $150 extra for that. And I really like having a handheld device for logging and flashing (and serial wideband/analog/EGT inputs are included and super easy to use too). And on top of that, at this point I've already paid for the licensing etc....it's gonna take a lot for me to switch over probably.

Exley

Passed Driver's Ed
Max torque at clutch and IAT correction tables were added to my ECU ID today. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend! :cool:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 264

mw1978

Ready to race!
BTW this HP tuners is available for my ROW box code 259A. Just received confirmation from HP

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
My cable showed up today... I literally have 3 different tuning solutions for the car right now. No idea what I'm gonna use moving forward, lol.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    659.6 KB · Views: 258

Exley

Passed Driver's Ed
My cable showed up today... I literally have 3 different tuning solutions for the car right now. No idea what I'm gonna use moving forward, lol.
Nice! You just need some more cars.

Started working on my car over the weekend. HP Tuners seems to follow other suites and does an initial flash that takes 15 - 20 minutes and recommends a battery charger (also set your laptop not to go to sleep :eek:). After this you can write only the calibration data and this process only takes 20-40 seconds. This is great for being able to pull over and make small adjustments in.... mexico. There also appears to be a "return to stock" function. I haven't tried this, but I assume this undoes whatever modification is made to the ECM during the initial flash.

Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
2017 Audi S3 ECU/TCU file for anyone interested. Should be more or less same as the Golf Rs. Obviously coupled with the DQ250/DSG since Audi's don't have MT option.

Attachments

• Stock 2.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Sure! Trying to get a couple other people to jump on so we can talk tuning :). Stuff Highlighted in blue is what I am currently logging. Last screenshot shows the logging interface with the chart vs time layout I setup for the GTI. The boost relative number in yellow is a math function I created using MAP actual and baro. Post up your ECM file and TCM if you're able to read it.

Might be a noob question (first time using HPT scanner), but it looks like the scanner isn't detecting my ECM as one of the known/supported ones and only showing generic SAE ones. Is there something else I need to do? Or perhaps another service ticket worthy item.

1600801311275.png

Exley

Passed Driver's Ed
Might be a noob question (first time using HPT scanner), but it looks like the scanner isn't detecting my ECM as one of the known/supported ones and only showing generic SAE ones. Is there something else I need to do? Or perhaps another service ticket worthy item.

View attachment 186638
Try the latest beta if you aren't running that already. You can download it right from here: https://www.hptuners.com/downloads/ If they still aren't there I would open a ticket.