GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HP Tuners DIY Tuning Solution

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Wonder if it's still missing half the things we need to actually make these cars work well. I wrote this off a long time ago when they said it had no MPI support.

Exley

Passed Driver's Ed
My box code is currently lacking, but tables have been added recently. I've got their interface so I can report back. I hope they chose to support MPI as an OS enhancement as they do for their boosted GM custom OS.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Right around 700 for the full suite of ECU/TCU. Not bad at all. Hopefully It'll allow more tuners familiar with HP tuners to jump on the platform and allow for further development.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Sweet. There was an ecutek tuner in the ecutek thread who has apparently messed around with the HPT stuff as well.... he said something similar along the lines of (as of a few months ago), was still missing some stuff but coming along nicely.

Looks like the software still won't let me open/view any of the MQB tunes yet, I was hoping I'd be able to browse around a bit to see what all is or isn't available. If you have a MPVI2 device though you certainly can.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hptuners is great software! I’ve worked with it since 2006. Honestly, depending on access it is probably one of the most powerful tuning solutions on the market

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Came across a used MPVI2 for a good deal, so I jumped on it. Hopefully will get it by this weekend, so now I should be able to preview the software and see what kinda tables/features are available for the MQB stuff. I'll share and post up here unless someone beats me to it.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Ya no MPI support is a deal breaker for me for sure.

Exley

Passed Driver's Ed
Here is what I have access to on 5G0906259D. I have a ticket open with them for the Max torque at clutch / transmission tables and IAT vs spark correction. I will try to do the same with my transmission calibration when i'm able

EDIT: Also keep in mind. HP Tuners is not reading the file directly from ECM memory. It is looking at the calibration ID and providing a bin file from their server. So even if your ECM has been modified with another tool you will be starting with a stock file.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 453
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 447
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 408
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 362
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 312
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 266
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Thank you! You saved me some work...

Would you be able to post the loggable params?

Exley

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you! You saved me some work...

Would you be able to post the loggable params?
Sure! Trying to get a couple other people to jump on so we can talk tuning :). Stuff Highlighted in blue is what I am currently logging. Last screenshot shows the logging interface with the chart vs time layout I setup for the GTI. The boost relative number in yellow is a math function I created using MAP actual and baro. Post up your ECM file and TCM if you're able to read it.

Attachments

• Scanner 1.PNG
    Scanner 1.PNG
    255.1 KB · Views: 365
  • Scanner 2.PNG
    Scanner 2.PNG
    262.3 KB · Views: 453
  • Scanner 3.PNG
    Scanner 3.PNG
    274.2 KB · Views: 248
  • Scanner 4.PNG
    Scanner 4.PNG
    229.9 KB · Views: 253
  • Scanner 5.PNG
    Scanner 5.PNG
    240.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Scanner 6.PNG
    Scanner 6.PNG
    180.3 KB · Views: 357
  • Capture7.PNG
    Capture7.PNG
    695.3 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Thanks man. My MPVI2 was shipped this AM, hopefully have something to mess around with this weekend.

Want to check it out before I spend any credits. My C5Z is tuned with EFILive.... I've thought about moving over to HPT, but honestly I think EFI has more stuff for the LS1B platform. MPVI2/pro feature set promised a lot of cool features like black box logging, logging over BT connection etc....but sounds like some of it is taking years to implement and still not here. Wanna test that all out too.

You should be able to read ECU/TCU without a license correct? Only when you go to do your first write.