GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Howdy! New GTI owner reporting.

DJL2

Car(s)
2020 VW GTI
Can confirm that shifter gripes aren't on my radar yet. I could do the clutch spring on GP as that is a little light.

DJL2

Car(s)
2020 VW GTI
CBBCCE6C-70CB-47A1-BC6B-8614343A554B.jpeg

For the pics or it didn’t happen crowd.

DJL2

Car(s)
2020 VW GTI
A little over 2k in now, mixed driving. Did a ~1000 mile road trip (and getting ready to redo it here) and have been using it as my daily driver. Some shorter trips as well. It's been a pleasure to drive. My little T-rex arms would appreciate if the shifter were 1-2" closer to me, but c'est la vie (same with the wheel, come to that). One of my neighbors is running a 2015 GTI, so that's cool. He's tuned, swapped tires, redone the suspension, but hasn't messed with the exterior/cosmetics so far as I can tell.

I just parted ways with my Ducati 899 Panigale...I've got a couple other things working, but might grab an APR tune since they're about an hour down the road from me. I honestly don't expect 290 hp and 320 lb-ft to blow apart a modern engine, but the piece of mind is nice. I did throw their rear sway bar on my Christmas list, but I doubt that fits in a stocking.

Thou shalt payeth to playeth...I remember ;-)

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
The wheel is tilting and telescoping, though it doesn’t go out too far towards driver, nor does it go too close to your legs either.

Maybe your best shot is just messing around with the seating positions to see if you can get a little bit closer to the wheel/shifter with the wheel raised a bit and the seat closer to the bottom, with the seat bottom angled upward.

Idk lol

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
This past weekend saw my much loved E90 335i go its own way after more than 10 years as a loved member of the family. A new VW GTI stepped in to take it's place. It's walking the fine line between practical and fun and joins a Wrangler JKUR in the garage.

The GTI got the nod in large part because of the 6-spd (or 6MT as I am learning to call it) - there's never been anything but manual transmission parked in our garage, at this VW continues that tradition (even if the DSG is quite good).

I thought I would pop in here for general information - and the forum hasn't disappointed. It'll likely be a long while before I do anything but a plug-and-play ECU tune (to get E90 like "oomph"), but it's awesome to see just how well loved and supported these cars are.

Hello and welcome! I'm fairly new as well. 3rd week on the forum and with the car... :cool: (y)

Drive it stock for a bit and enjoy it, it's a great car as is! There is no shortage of good information on this forum to read/draw conclusions from, just do your own research in conjunction with the things you read here :)

This! For as long as you can before the mod bug bites you. It only takes 1 mod and it just goes on and on from there. The car feels very tame and easy going stock. Once the mods start, the car takes on a very raw form that is a far cry from stock, yet retains all practicality of stock. A very well balanced car.