GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
Update
Quieter without a doubt although hardly silent but at least now the noise now sounds like road/tyre noise instead of wheel bearings and you can differentiate between the different road surfaces.
Sounds feels tighter and together somehow, a definite improvement in the overall feel.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Update
Quieter without a doubt although hardly silent but at least now the noise now sounds like road/tyre noise instead of wheel bearings and you can differentiate between the different road surfaces.
Sounds feels tighter and together somehow, a definite improvement in the overall feel.

Another satisfied customer...

fuelboss

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5 DSG
Update

Good to read that. The more I drive my car and think about how it was before fitting the damper the more I am pleased with the outcome. For me the whole tone within the cabin has improved where the irritating frequency that was spoiling my enjoyment of the car has vanished and it also reduced my tinnitus! Interesting you make reference to wheel bearing. I originally thought I had a bearing problem and so did the dealer who changed one bearing as I had been experiencing a quite high frequency hollow whining sound on my MK7.5 GTI but after fitting the damper that sound has very much been dramatically reduced and eliminated over some surfaces. For some reason that particular sound was never present on my previous MK7 GTI. I feel very fortunate and grateful that Golfdave brought this to the forum.

Due to the shock absorber issues that plagued many owners I receive emails each week from people who still experience the rattling rear shock absorber problem, and along with helping them on that issue I also direct them to these pages regarding the balancing damper in the hope that more people can find this of benefit. I was very skeptical about the benefits of this damper, but I am no longer, as this really worked for me.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The faulty shock absorber(damper) top mount/rod clearance issues causing a knocking noise is there on my car under extreme duress situations...& will be solved (when I get a rouindtoit) & thanks to "fuelboss" for his early work on bringing that issue to light.

But as you say the improvement with the harmonic damper is more than you would initially think!

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
Yep the more I drive the car now I realize that it is quite an improvement and turned the car into what I was wanting, remapped effortless performance, its quite a joy to drive :D

goinkin

Go Kart Newbie
Installed this yesterday and I must say I’m impressed. Install took less than ten minutes. I have no additional sound deadening material added to my 2015 Autobahn and can honestly say it’s a huge improvement.

The booming resonance is gone. I can carry on a conversation even at 80mph, whereas before I would be raising my voice. My kids who sit in the back were pretty vocal in their approval. I didn’t even bring it up. They just asked what I did to make it quieter back there.

Great job finding this and doing all the homework for us, Dave! Thanks!

Btw, got it in less than a month from eacca for 70 bucks shipped.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Installed this yesterday and I must say I’m impressed. Install took less than ten minutes. I have no additional sound deadening material added to my 2015 Autobahn and can honestly say it’s a huge improvement.

The booming resonance is gone. I can carry on a conversation even at 80mph, whereas before I would be raising my voice. My kids who sit in the back were pretty vocal in their approval. I didn’t even bring it up. They just asked what I did to make it quieter back there.

Great job finding this and doing all the homework for us, Dave! Thanks!

Btw, got it in less than a month from eacca for 70 bucks shipped.

Another satisfied customer...!!

& not mentioning the work to anybody & waiting for them to say something is always the best "does it work" proof!

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Just ordered from Audi, £59.72 delivered in a couple of days.
Need to work out how to get underneath to fit it now🤔

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just ordered from Audi, £59.72 delivered in a couple of days.
Need to work out how to get underneath to fit it now🤔

With a hatch its very easy....park the rear axle on the "crown" of your driveway, parking space & just reach under from the rear bumper...make certain 1000% that the car is not rolling anywhere i.e. chock the wheels, in gear & EPB on, & key out.

goinkin

Go Kart Newbie
With a hatch its very easy....park the rear axle on the "crown" of your driveway, parking space & just reach under from the rear bumper...make certain 1000% that the car is not rolling anywhere i.e. chock the wheels, in gear & EPB on, & key out.
Also make sure he car is cold! Don't want you burning yourself on exhaust bits.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Also make sure he car is cold! Don't want you burning yourself on exhaust bits.

....crawls under car touches hot exhaust.... backs away hits head on tarmac, then raises head of tarmac to hit hot exhaust...ad nauseum......

So explain that to the docs in hospital...!!:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
i could picture a Three Stooges skit on that: Larry getting his hair caught under the car and Moe and Curly pulling him back and forth, (alternately banging his head on the exhaust and tearing his hair) trying to get him out.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Has E-Acca gone bust ? Paid them for the part about 2 weeks ago and got my order acknowledgment with a suggested shipping date of today, but when I checked the website is off line and the E-Acca domain name is for sale ?

Typical

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
Has E-Acca gone bust ? Paid them for the part about 2 weeks ago and got my order acknowledgment with a suggested shipping date of today, but when I checked the website is off line and the E-Acca domain name is for sale ?

Typical
What did you pay for it thru them? I hope you didn’t get duped