GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the jack pads from the Audi A3 (2013->)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanks - I original went with the setup you documented (awesome) but it was a pain in the ass to lift my car when working on it (I have a lift, probably not a problem for people using floor jacks though)

To deserve to have problems as you have a lift.....:p..

..which I can only dream of as the garage has way too low ceiling height due to planning regs as I live in a conservation area...basically 5ft 10inch is the max height under door..& the ceiling cross beams is about the same...:mad:........so I use two 3tonne wide base jacks....:D

funks

Ready to race!
There are 4 holes in the back, covered by plastic covers. Same plastic covers you remove for the wedge (except you leave the inner ones alone). The pucks go on the outer holes (close to the rear tire).

Gave me the necessary clearance..

FRONT

REAR

LIFT FOR THE WIN

Reverse Logic Jack Pad Tool These pucks have a magnet in the middle and sticks to the VW Jack Snubber - makes lifting even easier. No need to finger around looking for that hole (that sounds dirty) or extra work to line things up. Slap them on, and press up.

Last edited:

bcgti

Ready to race!
Wanted to thank the OP for putting this together as it saved me lots of money!

Got the parts from e-acca.com and being from Canada this is a fraction of the cost vs buying a packaged kit. Took about 20 mins or so for install - very easy and I think it's a must have.

Thanks!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi all these are also available in the UK
VW / Audi Jack Pads

Hope that helps :)

Like the ones above...
Nice idea, but won't work on the rear ones, & the fronts are slightly different.....(the parts that this "how to retro-fit" guide is about)

Audi changed the pads for the MQB platform back in 2013.....that jack adaptor is for the older style which I fitted to a previous VAG car..

wesg

Car(s)
2018 Sportwagen
Thanks to OP for the write up, especially for including the PNs. And thanks for the info about ordering from e-acca.

I have a 2017 GSW and a 2018 GSW. Ordered two sets from e-acca on July 14 and parts arrived today. Cost was about $147 including shipping for both sets.

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
@golfdave thanks for another great write up. You mention that you need the pads with A suffix, is that the same whether a golf hatch or estate?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
@golfdave thanks for another great write up. You mention that you need the pads with A suffix, is that the same whether a golf hatch or estate?

hatch or estate doesn't matter....the other ones were the wrong size as other people found out..& they had ones without the "A" suffix.....